ICE & HFT Double din idea?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Alexknight91, Thursday 22nd Oct, 2015.

1. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    Would like to fit a double din into my accord with navi, however I don't really want to be forking out for the fascia adapter.

Does anyone know if its possible to leave the navi in place with ac controls, and then fit double din in the space below it? Using one of these adapters?
    uploadfromtaptalk1445534689271.

Looking at the back of the navi unit there are three connections? So assuming one is for the navi and DVD
    Another for the stereo side
    And the other for the air con.

I could potentially leave the navi in place, unplug the DVD and stereo from it, leaving it purely for A/C

Then fit a new double din beneath it using the stereo ISO connection? Obv the DVD side would be removed

Any massive flaws in my plan?

2. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

uploadfromtaptalk1445534883519.

3. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If you relocated the DVD drive, then I don't see why you couldn't fit one... But getting everything all connected to work alongside each other seems pointless and complicated.

Why not just buy one of the replacement drives with all the bangs and whistles (satnav, blutooth and so forth) that replace the factory fitted unit without no need for adapters.... Prices range from around £200-300 which is roughly what you'd pay for a double din unit anyway.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I believe @DJ Wozza has one of these in his car

Alexknight91 likes this.
  5. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The DVD drive would be removed completely, those units you talk about get quite bad reviews, just cheap Chinese tat as far as I know.

That's why the only options are buying the slightly overpriced connects2 unit or leaving the screen in place and fitting a double din beneath it where the DVD drive was

6. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Wozza Bromley
    Take a look at my 2006 i-CDT-i Accord ICE Project Log there are pictures of the fascia as illustrated above, however they are not a good fit (the pictures will tell the story). Some people may be satisfied with it, but I certainly wasn't, so with a minor bit of work & plenty of patience i fixed it up so it looked like this when finished....
    Apple_Car_play.

Anyone who has sat in my car for a demo will testify to its fitment now, it looks exactly like it should have done leaving the fascia factory.

I'm sorry I can't help with your DVD relocation issues, as mine it totally new with all the factory speakers replaced or removed entirely & new wiring too.
    If I can help further give me a shout.

Alexknight91 likes this.
  7. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I've read through your thread, some really good work gone into that, I've managed to get the satnav working for now so will stay as it is for the time being. Got some other small things to do and then have another think about whether to do it or not

DJ Wozza likes this.