Bulletins & Advisories DPS Warning Light On the i-MID

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Service News, Monday 17th Mar, 2014.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    Honda have released the following TSB Technical service bulletin SO-10-006-00 dated 14-03-2014 for the following CR-V models only

Model CR-V Model Code RE5, RE7 Year Model 2013 & 2104
    Model CR-V I-DTEC Model Code RE6 Year Model 2013 & 2104

The Symptoms
    1. The AWD warning light indicates no 4WD assist available from the real time AWD system.
    AWD.JPG
    2. DTC C1858-73 Stored in the AWD Control Unit.

The Cause
    Excessive oil pressure within the DPS is caused by bending and distortion of the oil pressure control solenoid plunger. This causes the oil pressure to progressively increase with every subsequent request for AWD assist.This will cause the pressure relief valve to operate and the real time AWD warning light illuminates on the dash.

The Fix
    The AWD oil pressure control solenoid construction has been revised. The plunger diameter and hardness levels heave been
    increased to prevent bending and distortion of the plunger tip.

Application to Production Line
    SHSRE5***EU******
    SHSRE6***EU******
    SHSRE7***DU******
    To be confirmed at a later date.
    Applied to all petrol and diesel 4WD models.

The Repair Method

Please note owners have to exhibit this problem to dealers before they process this claim, its only you have the AWD light displaying all the time then its considered as a complaint! . Kindly refrain from jumping down dealers necks for a freebie.

Replace DPS Oil Pressure Control Solenoid as per workshop manual. To replace the DPS Oil Pressure Control
    Solenoid the following operations are required.
    • Rear Differential Removal and Installation
    • Rear Differential Disassembly and Reassembly (Replace Solenoid)
    • Rear Differential Fluid Inspection and Replacement
    • Real Time AWD System Bleeding (On Completion)

Parts Information
    <Part Number> <Part Name>
    All Parts are 1 piece per vehicle repair
    48350-R7L-013 SOLENOID ASSY. (DENSO)
    91301-PC9-003 O-RING, 7.7X2.3 (ARAI)
    48143-R7L-000 PACKING, LUBRICATION PUMP
    90201-P24-J00 NUT, FLANGE, 19MM
    91304-R7L-003 RING, BACK UP, 19.5MM
    91303-R7L-003 O-RING, 19.1X2.4
    94109-20000 WASHER, DRAIN PLUG, 20MM
    90471-PX4-000 WASHER, DRAIN PLUG, 18MM
    91308-R7L-003 PACKING, OIL PRESSURE SENSOR
    91303-RAY-003 O-RING, 12X2.4 (NOK)
    Note: Use Honda Dual Pump Fluid II. Required amount is 1.5 Litres.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bump for all CR-V owners with 4x4 system.

3. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Paliometocho
    I have a question. Is the latest recommended CR-V 2013 (gen 4) AWD rear differential fluid the
    following or is there a newer? Thanks
    DPSF-II
    dual pump fluid Honda PN: 08293-99902HE

4. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The reason I am asking is because the part number 08293-99902HE is called Dual Pump Symtem fluid and not a Dual Pump Fluid II (also used in the American market). Is the Dual Pump Fluid II used in the USA better than the European 08293-99902HE, or is there a revised European DPSF too??

5. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The answer is the following:
    Latest Dual Pump fluid DPSF in Europe is 08293-99902HE (it superseded the 1st Generation Dual Pump System Fluid 08293-99901HE). So this is the same like Dual Pump fluid II used in USA. So the missing part number in this service bulletin is 08293-99902HE.

FR-V likes this.
  6. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I am adding the step by step repair guide for replacing the solenoid plunger for the USA CR-V 4th generation. Same procedure for European models. The part numbers may defer.

Attached Files:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just had the latest 15YM lubricants announced by Honda, biggest surprise the new CTR will get a new 0w-20 oil I know people will go up in arms about this but Honda being Honda they know their stuff when it comes to engines.

I will post a thread shortly on this.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yes that is the correct part number 08293-99902HE
    When the HK part store when live you can order it.

8. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

We used to have a Honda Civic and for 20 years and we did not have an engine problem. So I guess Honda reliability score is high. thanks for confirming the differential fluid part number.

9. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have a question.
    Can you tell from this CR-V rear differential picture with a serial number R7L: 7F027919 and a part number R7L-3 if the solenoid is the revised one??? Is there a way to check from the above data rather just from the VIN???

I hope the CR-V is not dripping differential fluid, it seems dirty. Is there a procedure/guide for bleeding, is it just an HDS procedure which the AWD system does by it self??? Also do we have to do air bleeding everytime we change fluid or only when we open up the differential case??? The reason I am asking is because I am thinking in opening the the top filler plug in order to see if the fluid is full or if it escaped out from the fill plug (I will have to purchase a washer a 1l oil and a fluid pump). I will clean the rear differentials outside with soap and inspect. Next differential change at 100,000km will be done by me so I need to know if I need to do air bleeding too.
    I have an adjustable 6-30NM torque tool, which I use to first untight by 1/4turn, then tighten by one turn and stills goes on. The fill plug was not tightened to 47 NM torque. I am worried.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Thursday 2nd Jul, 2015
  10. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ok just an update. I had the fluid level check and seemed ok since the oil was dripping. Honda Service told me that they don't change washers when they change fluid. That was ackward indeed. I did not want to argue because the guy is very kind to me. Regarding the airbleeding I connected my scanner to my laptop and did AWD airbleeding. It was a 2 second noise from the back rear differential. I don't think it hurts to do it. I also did a DTC check again and no problems with Honda control modules after the steering wheel calibration.