Reviews "Dr. Colourchip" test, with photos

Discussion in 'Member's Reviews' started by FirstHonda, Sunday 9th Nov, 2014.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

An unfortunate chip on the top of my front wing happened this morning (you know it's going to be bad when you can see the stone coming :shock:), so I thought it would be a good chance to give "Dr. Colourchip" another try.

Photos 1 & 2 show the chip prior to treatment. Horrible, but not as bad as I had feared.

Photo 3 shows the paint after putting a blob next to the chip, and smearing it with my thumb, as per the directions. At this stage it looks worse than before I started...

...but Photos 4 & 5 show the end result, after giving the paint a few minutes to harden, and then wiping over with the "blending" solution.

It isn't bad, but IMHO no better than I could have achieved using the standard Honda touch up kit and a cocktail stick. If you look to the bottom corner of the final two photos, you can see another, very similar, chip that was treated a while ago using the traditional method, which I think rather makes the point.

Hopefully this may be useful for members who were considering buying the "Dr. Colourchip" system - at c£60, I stand by my original comments - it isn't worth the money except for the tiniest of chips, where it does a sound job.

IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0014.JPG

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I know I have thanked you in your previous post reading this product,but good on you to give the product a second chance, It just goes to prove you did nothing wrong and have followed their instructions to the letter and the product does not deliver.

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks CJ. It isn't a BAD product, it just isn't worth the money IMHO and the claims made are a bit fanciful - aren't they always?!

Like I said, on very small chips on metal, it does work very well - road rash they call it - bigger chips, just stick to a normal touch up.

Ichiban and Nels like this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I may buy it for my tool chest I have a few ding which are bugging me you can't see them as they are behind the chest but I know they are there.:Frown: my poor tools are subjected to a a defective home. :lawbreaker:

5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    I bought one of their kits and can concur, waste of money.