Drift/project car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Bo_, Thursday 16th Jun, 2016.

?

Japan vs Germany

1. Lexus IS200

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. BMW 328

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bo_ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just to see your thoughts. Which car you would choose as track/drift car?
    In plan is strip it off all crap me do a bit tinkering in engine bay.
    We're considering cars made around 2000-2003 (something cheap), so there is no heartbreake after its written off

2. Bo_ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Comments are welcome as well :Niceone:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I dislike drift car with a passion , what the point of burning tyre and driving like pratt just go flat out and get a race car more enjoyable.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Have you thought about an S2000?

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I think the cars he has mentioned can be had for less than £1500 even less if really go for bottom end.. I doubt there is an any S2000 out there for less than £4000
    plus the short wheelbase of S2000 means very abrupt transitions so you really need to be on top of it all the time.

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I suppose the odds of finding one which needs a lot of work is unlikely, damn reliability lol

Would be a good track car though which was on the cards. Weighing up what you might spend on an old BMW coupled with the fear of total failure when pushed hard it may be worth the extra?

I would have thought the Lexus would be too underpowered?

What about an old Type-R? You can get them for £1,500?

legend-ary likes this.
  7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

FWD!
    He needs front engine rear wheel drive and a relatively long wheel base.. IS is around 153bhp but with some mods it has a bit more to give.
    Toyota Soarer/Chaser/Lexus SC are other candidates although are around £3500+

The Soarer has a 2JZ engine which is very similar to Supra and can yield huge power with little mods..
    TOYOTA LEXUS 2JZ 2JZGE 3.0 VVTI COMPLETE ENGINE CAN HEAR SUPRA SOARER DRIFT | eBay

£350 buys you 230bhp and will fit the Lexus IS200 just fine and in turn make it a IS300 which UK never got AFAIK.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Can't drift but nothing wrong with the FWD track car, unless he is looking for both. I'm not into drifting myself but isn't the Skyline meant to be the ultimate drift? Probably too pricey though.

9. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Very true a properly setup'd Type-R can be just as fast as anything. I think he wants to build a drift car.. Skylines are actually the ultimate drift machines but the first step would be to remove the front drive as they are AWD from the factory.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    328 would make the better drift car out of the two, albeit will be quite front end heavy with the big engine.