1. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    nauest submitted a new guide:

Drive shaft replacement - Accord 03-08

Check the full guide here.

wahabishtiaq and Ichiban like this.
  2. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Hey @nauest did replacing you driveshafts with the blueprint ones cure your issue and have had no further problems? From your symptoms worryingly I get the judder under excelleration aswel as the clicking on full lock I believe even though have had my complete driveshafts replaced with Insaneshafts?

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Have you got any warranty with your insaneshafts?

4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

I hope so got them off Leo @ H Tune but will soon be a year on so need to act fast if there is a defect. Im putting the new hubs and bearings on at the weekend with my mate that is a machinic so will get him to give them a good check over at the same time.

5. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Yes the Blueprint ones completely cured the wobble issue, it was originally severe when at high power, especially climbing hills. I do still get a slight judder at high power in 2nd gear, but I have heard about that on a lot of Accord 7 Mk I s. Although its now so subtle I hardly even notice.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I will add that I was not overly impressed with the quality of the Blueprints, they had more rotational play than the worn Honda ones from new! But they do work fine.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  6. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Yeah that's what I'm getting but I can't just live with it as with all the parts have bought and money spent it should be perfect and what ever it is will surely cause damage if left for any longer?

7. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    I have also spent a lot of time trying to find the source and really can't get to the bottom of it. Mine has actually improved over time, I couldn't find any worrying wear anywhere in the drivetrain. I have just accepted it. I know thats not an option for all, I don't like it either but the cost vs return is so small!
    - - - Updated - - -
    Interesting that you have it also with the K24, it must be drivetrain related. That rules out the Diesel balancer system and the DMF. Are their double balance shafts on your engine? Do you have a timing chain or belt?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just been checking out your car, I am sure I wouldn't live with it if my car looked that good! Sorry I can't be more help...

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  8. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Just looked and actually got them the 11th of September 2015 which was the month before came up to you guys to have the K20 clutch fitted.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Chain for me and unsure about the balance shafts although I'm sure @Beefy will be able to answer that.

9. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    There is a balance shaft on memory but you can rule that out. Vibration could be anything from the flywheel (it's a lightened racing effort isn't it? ) ,caunt remember. The drive shaft half shaft between the O/S driveshaft and gearbox. Or the shafts themselves? It's not uncommon for aftermarket mods to create problems of there own. Many others will testisfy to that.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yes @Beefy, as soon as you move into modified territory, quirky issues can rear their ugly butts.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  11. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Yes I do have a lightweight flywheel also :-/
    - - - Updated - - -
    Pants I notice hubs, studs and bearings weren't in that list :-(