Body, Paint & Styling Driver side window got stuck?!

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Mr CL7, Monday 16th Jan, 2012.

1. Mr CL7 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Faz Kent
    Morning,

This has happened on a few occasions to me now. When I wind the window all the way down and up again the mechanism jams and doesn't go up. Why? I then have to turn the car off and on again then it works? Hmm

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The windows channels have got dirty or debris caught it a simple case of clean the channels and squirting them with a silicone spray to get it lubricated.

3. Mr CL7 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Faz Kent
    Cheers mate just a matter of removing the door cards then right?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yup take that off and give the channels a clean with a soft brush.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    I've seen this on a few Accords. most the time, a good spray of silicone spray down the run channels does the trick but of course if you wan to do the best job possible its better to remove the seal completly and give it a good clean. they can somtimes twist or distort so give the seal a good check over with the door pad off. have you got wind breaker trims fitted? they can somtimes cause problems.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ^^ well that the right way of doing it, and thats one of reasons I don't fit wind deflectors ..just turn the air on up.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Drivers side window intermittent issue

My drivers side window has started playing up recently. If I put it all the way down, when I go to put it back again sometimes it comes up like 1cm and then goes back down. So I have to keep trying to bring it, it eventually comes up.

It's as if there's some restriction.

I'm going to pop the door card off at the weekend and have a look see what I can spot.

Might just need a clean up and lube.

Anyone else had this issue ?

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: Drivers side window intermittent issue

I had the same on my 7th Generation.
    I stripped door card and found out that fixing that holds the glass in place was lose and found it in bottom of the door.
    Just be careful when you strip door card,there is also some kind of nylon or something like that that is stuck to metal with black sylicone of some sort and it can be messy taking it off.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Re: Drivers side window intermittent issue

Thanks for that Zoran. I'm hoping it is something as simple as that.

Yeah you got to be careful when taking door cards off.

The weather sheild is stuck onto the door, need to be careful you don't rip it, need to carefully and slowly remove.

10. maurice Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Drivers window problems

Hi, I am new here, and have owned a Honda Accord 2003 model for a year now. I have had a few problems with the drivers window. Sometimes the window won't open, as though there is no power, but all the other wondows work ok. This is usually after I have heard a clicking noise from the vacinity of the front of the door panel, similar to a relay working. At other times, the window will close partially, then open fully. The window does seem to "move" within the tracks when opening and closing.
    I have had the car at a dealership, where a lube spray was applied, this solved the problem for a short while, but the window stuck in the open position during a heavy downpour, so I had to grab the window as it started to come up, the result being the glass pane was pulled from the mount, but that is a problem for another day...
    Can anyone advise the correct course of action: replace switches, tracks, motors/regulators?
    Any sound advice will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

"Drivers window problems" is the proper title, my mistake...

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome To AOC Maurice I have moved your thread into an existing thread.