Body, Paint & Styling Drivers footret, can it be removed safely?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by foxleys, Thursday 16th Apr, 2015.

1. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    Hi

I am tall and have very long legs!

Does anyone know if the drivers footrest (on a Accord 2.4 Exec Tourer Auto Dec'07) be removed safely, I would like to stretch out a bit!

Or is there a metal braket welded to the body, which would mean this is not possible.

Thanks in advance.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I can't see that it just a case of plastic clips holding it to a metal frame, if you have door card removing plastic levers get two ends of the foot rest a go and it will pop out.

However the rest is 10 mm think it won't give you a lot of clearance at all if any if removed.

foxleys likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    When I replaced the CMC, I had a nut fall down behind the footrest, it only sticks up around 2 inches so you won't get much room if you remove the frame. As @Ichiban says, the rest is 10mm nuts, 1 on the side connecting it to the centre console, and a second one connecting it to the floor. Apart from which, the carpet is moulded around the frame so if you remove the frame, the carpet will still cover the same space but will just have no support under it.

foxleys likes this.
  4. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    Many thanks for your help with this, I have decided to bin this idea!
    Regards

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    whats plan B bud, saw off a few inches off your legs LOL JK.

foxleys likes this.