Drivers window, won't go up

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2001-2008)' started by Mike c, Monday 2nd Jun, 2014.

1. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Hi
    On Sunday the drivers side window would only go up half way before automatically going back down.
    I tried numerous times to make it go up but it would not go past the halfway stage.
    I then thought perhaps there might be a reset procedure in the handbook. No such luck. I tried turning the ignition on and held down the window button down for a short time but it still refused to go past the half way position.
    I tried this several times and suddenly it travelled the whole way. The window then worked as normal. An hour or less later the same happened again and so I followed the same procedure. Again it worked but this time I decided to lubricate the window tracks with silicone spray grease. So far this seems to have resolved the problem but it is a worry as my wife drives the Jazz and if it decided to stop at its half way position she would not be able to secure the car when she parked up. It appears to be that the window sensor is doing its job and stopping when pressure is sensed (hence me lubricating the runners). Does anyone know if there is an official way to reset the window if this happens in the future?
    Regards
    Mike c
    I

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Is it possible that something may have fallen in that is lodging and dislodging? Perhaps removing the trim and having a look?

3. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

That is possible as when it happened , the window was down and my wife had her arm across the opening. Maybe something was on her arm and this fell into the track.

Hi , thanks for the quick reply.
    As I say, I have sprayed lubricant into the runners and it seems to have made the window run smoother. Hopefully this will resolve the problem. Do you know if there is a reset sequence?
    Regards
    Mike c

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  5. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Brilliant, just what I need.
    Thanks for your help

Mike c:GoodJob: