Off-Topic Driving in Europe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by AccordCU2, Thursday 1st Mar, 2012.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I drive through Europe twice sometimes three times a year.
    Amount of things you have to have in the car is unbelievable and is all mandatory,if you didnt have them you liable to a fine.
    Warning triangle,fire extinguisher,spare bulbs,yellow vest for every passenger,tow rope,first aid,GB sticker,headlamp beam converter(i don't bother with these any more).
    I heard that from July in France you will have to have alcohol breathalyser tester in your car.
    Is any of these things mandatory in UK?
    Apart from that i really like driving in Europe especially on Autobahn.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I thought if you had GB and the EU logo within the number plates your were exempt from the sticker on the boot. Is that not the case?

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes you are right there but if you don't have logo on your number plates you have to have GB sticker.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You got to admit the car without the GB\EU strip does look better or even a JDM import plate.

5. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I love driving in France, especially in Brittany. I just knew that if I allowed an hour to get somewhere then it would take an hour or less. No traffic jams, speed cameras every hundred yards (there are some I know), traffic lights apart from the bigger towns and very rarely any parking fees

6. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    France seems to be cracking down on potentially unsafe drivers. All these new requirements might seem burdensome but I'm sure they're reasonable and will make driving safer.