Off-Topic Driving in Scotland

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Saturday 13th Dec, 2014.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Just drove to Stirling today and was shocked at how many speed cameras are north of the border.

2. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    Yes - I went up there a couple of weeks ago up the A68. Virtually no cameras on the English side of the border but every three or four miles once into Scotland - and that is on a really quiet stretch of road through the countryside.

Last year I had to go to East Wemyss, near Kirkcaldy in Fife. I was picked up at the station and was warned that it is imperative to keep to the 20 mph limit that applied through most of the villages there and that you would probably be fined if you were caught doing 25 mph.

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah loads on the A1 on the way up there, also they've stuck a load of average speed ones on the a9 from Stirling to Perth :Frown:

4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've booked a week up there in May, so I'll have to keep the old mince pies peeled.

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    A9 is full of the average ones although last time I was on it they were only on the single lane sections so you could put your foot down on the Dual Carriageway parts and make up time.

In England there's a nasty one on the road across to Sunderland, it's a long straight near a petrol station and they know it's a stretch of road that people will use to overtake - sneaky.

6. Mark Whitfield Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mark UK
    I'm taking the caravan up in April although not likely to be speeding too much!