Aftermarket Kit DRL - Day light running lights on FR-V

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by scigo, Friday 2nd Aug, 2013.

1. scigo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom scigo United Kingdom
    I am looking to install DRL on the FR-V and I was wondering if somebody can recommend a set? Or if somebody has got them already installed?
    I am fairly ok with electric, but I would like an advice where to connect the light? Ideally I would like them to come on when the car starts without any other lights on and go off as soon as the engine is turned off.

2. suru66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, i went through a phase bout 2 months ago where i wanted them for my 7th Generation accord. These were what i was going to get

http://bit.ly/13CJWnh

Philips daylight DRL 8.

U have 2 options on these. Either off/dimmed when headlights on. Really cheap on ebay compared to shops!

3. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ali London
    Hi I went through it as well but thanks to @Bones126 he showed me these DRL's with switch back led lights. The best bit is they fit into the indicators and you don't have to fit or drill /screw any aftermarket DRLs to the bumper.. Really cool looking!!!!!! If you need help fitting just send me a message and I'll take some pics to show you how I did but I was also helped a lot by fellow forum members...hope this helps. Regards Ali Screenshot_2016-02-25-20-32-17. Screenshot_2016-02-25-20-32-17. Screenshot_2016-02-25-20-32-17.

4. scigo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom scigo United Kingdom
    Yes please. This looks like something I would be interested in doing. I wasn't very keen in drilling etc but if it is fairly simple i would give it a go.

Auto Ali likes this.
  5. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello @scigo 1). first you want to take of the 12 black clips above the grille (THESE ARE VERY FRAGILE HANDLE WITH CARE BREAK EASILY) (PIC 1) as you can see i have left one clip inside the black plastic piece just to show what clip needs to be removed (bottom left of dipstick)

2). Now the clips are out you should be able to move it and slide it back towards and up and over the bonnet latch
    3). third pic shows the plastic piece completely removed
    4). now you need to remove the 10mm bolt holding down the battery bracket
    5). picture below shows battery bracket removed
    6). picture below shows battery without bracket
    7). now remove battery by opening the battery terminals using 10mm socket
    8). now that battery has been removed you should be able to see the indicator bulb , now twist anti clockwise until it comes out (not much force required)(you should have plenty of space to work with)

9). now connect your DRL connector into the socket of the cars indicator
    10). now you need to fit the DRL bulb into the cars indicator light
    11). smear a touch of oil or lubricant onto the rubber of the DRL for easy fitment into the cars indicator
    12). now open the big fuse box under the bonnet (squeeze the 3 tabs inwards to release the cover of the fuse box)
    13). now you can see where i have placed the wire for the DRL. You need to add a spade connector as shown in picture below (I had to file it down to make it fit and as a bonus these DRL come with a inline fuse already connected )
    IMG_20160730_153847.
    14). now connect the spade into the relay connection in the fuse box as shown in pictures below
    15). These are the end result

Attached Files:

7.jpg
      File size:
      244.8 KB
      Views:
    Ichiban and legend-ary like this.
  6. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi sorry forgot to mention you need to do same for the other side, and then fit everything back in reverse hope this helped
    Kind regards Ali

7. abs_n Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    How well do these perform?
    I am interested and it looks ok but don't really understand the wire for the relay. Do you have a wire for both indicators connected to the fuse box?
    Thanks

Auto Ali likes this.
  8. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi @abs_n They perform really well and look great IMO ,yes the wires inter connect with each other (left and right DRL's) and you are left with a single wire with a inline fuse already connected which then you connect in the relay connection with attached spade as in picture..hope this helps.
    Regards Ali

legend-ary likes this.
  9. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I too opted for the bulbs that are mentioned above....

Haven't actually got around to fitting them yet though :Frown:

10. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh @chris2982 can't believe it and if I recall correctly you gave me the link to start with lol:happycrying: well Perseus is still the reason I joined with your mod list I'm still busy lol:salute:
    Regards Ali

chris2982 likes this.
  11. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

Indeed it was me haha

The amount of things I have on the shelve to put on the car is unreal ,,, I will get around to getting some of it on at some point :Smile:

Thanks for the nice comments mate.. really appreciate it.

Auto Ali likes this.
  12. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha Chris, I've got a few things to go on as well mostly lights, footwell lighting, Honda door logo ,speaker circular lights, will post pics when I get them in and how to. What I really want to do is the ICE install, can't really decide on a double din system but I'm interested in a Android system, just needs exact part numbers for the bezel cage loom etc i will take good look in the guides section . and your welcome most mate
    Kind regards Ali

chris2982 likes this.
  13. abs_n Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Do you have link for these bulbs please I can't fond them on ebay.

Thanks

Also how do you remove the plugs for the grill do you use pliers, knowing me I'll probably break them !

14. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

You can find the part numbers on here:

Double din head unit surround (ICE & HFT - )

As for the ICE side of things let me know when your ready and I will look after you.

Home - Allwoods Audio

@Allwoods Audio

Mono, 12 items in Allwoods Audio store on eBay!

15. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi this is the item number on ebay 281762230118 , I use a small fine flat tip screwdriver hope his helps
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks @chris2982 for the links,will defo give them a look, will let u know when I've decided thanks again.
    Regards Ali

16. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

No worries buddy.. and obviously members get better prices :Wink:

Auto Ali likes this.
  17. abs_n Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks

Auto Ali likes this.
  18. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

IMG_20160731_122857. IMG_20160731_122857. IMG_20160731_122931. IMG_20160731_122857. IMG_20160731_122857. IMG_20160731_122931. IMG_20160731_122857. And here's a circular led fitted to speaker housing in the door card (next mod teaser).

Attached Files:

Bones126, legend-ary and Ichiban like this.
  19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  20. abs_n Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    I have received the lights today and will fit them on the weekend! :Smile:
    Do you just leave the old side light cable there and simply attach the new ones?
    Also Where can I get the spade connector from ?

Thanks