Electrical & Lights Droning parking sensors...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordMavman, Saturday 7th Mar, 2015.

1. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    Hi all,

My rear parking sensors are playing up intermittently, and the noise is driving me up the twist. Having just spent a fortune on a full service, new brakes & suspension bits, I'm not in a position to fix them right now and I can certainly live without them...so... can anyone advise me on how to complete a quick check on them, and disconnect them for now if needs be? Are they easily accessible or is it a bumper off job?

And while we're on the subject of noise, is it possible to silence the chorus of key in ignition and seatbelt warning chimes? I really don't like her beeping at me constantly and don't need to be reminded to put my seatbelt on....I'd never drive without one... any ideas welcomed... thanks..

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    The rear parking sensors is a bumper off job, you can snake your hands up to the side ones from underneath but the ones in the middle are blocked by the crash bar. In what way are they "playing up intermittently"? Are they OEM sensors or aftermarket?

3. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    They're OEM. What I mean is that sometimes when I put it in reverse I get the usual pitched tone, which then beeps faster the closer you get as you'd expect it to. Other times, the pitch is much louder, lower, and sounds continuously no matter how close or far away you are from something behind you so isn't telling you anything. I know it's been a problem before for the previous owner as one of the VHC sheets from Honda showed a quote of over £200 to replace one parking sensor... Am I right in thinking there's a guide on here on how to remove a 7th Generation rear bumper?

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★