Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Another good Job fella :GoodJob:

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Ade New Member Getting Started

Adrian Medway, Kent UK
    Hi Nighthawk,
    Kwik Fit just failed my HR-V on a broken rear drop link and quoted me £132 to replace it. Seems like a lot for a part I can source locally for £15 so I'll follow your guide and DIY it.
    They said that the job included front and rear realignment of the suspension "which they always do after any suspension work" and accounts for half the above cost.
    I can understand why you'd want to perform a complete realignment if changing springs or the whole ARB, but one little drop link?
    Are they taking the proverbial in insisting on full realign for a single rear drop link replace, or could I get away with just replacing the drop link without?
    Thoughts welcome.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Seems expensive when Honda main dealer fixed price for drop links is £100. Not sure if that's for one, two or four though.

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Drop links have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with alignment. They connect the ARB to part of the hub to aid in stability. Get a decent part mate, quite a few ppl on here have had cheap ones fail quite quickly.

To me, that price is a rip off if you are mechanically minded to do it yourself. That said however, i don't know the suspension layout of the HR-V but i can't imagine it would be much different.

I will keep my thoughts of kwik fits ability to myself. A short time ago they were in the papers for quoting for wprk not needed

@Ade , please pop along to our introduce yourself section and say hi to all. Look forward to seeing your car in our club garage. It will then show in your signature and make it easier for everyone to be able to help you if you need it

6. Ade New Member Getting Started

Adrian Medway, Kent UK
    Thanks Nighthawk,
    That's exactly what I was thinking. The link and rear sus layout looks almost identical to the one in your replacement photos except it doesn't have a 90 degree twist - both nuts are oriented in the same direction. Couldn't imagine how it could affect the vehicle sus alignment which is why I raised the question.
    I've never had any problems with kwik fit before but guess I've been lucky given all the bad press.
    I'll pick up a genuine part and fit it myself.
    Thanks for the advice mate.
    A.

Nighthawk likes this.
  7. Nighthawk Guest

You are welcome mate. An OEM one is round about 50 quid or so i think. Might be worth checking the other side as well as both links have obviously undergone the same level of wear and tear.

If you need any further advice, feel free to shout. Let us know how you get on

8. Ade New Member Getting Started

Adrian Medway, Kent UK
    Will do buddy. I might even post some pics of skinless knuckles to prove I did the job :Smile:

Nighthawk likes this.
  9. Nighthawk Guest

Good man, we need some more hr v guides

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup we sure do @Ade you need any tech help like torque settings let us know.

Nighthawk likes this.
  11. Nighthawk Guest

@Ade

How did you get on mate?

12. godzilla84 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have to do my front drop links very soon. I'm happy enough doing the job but i don't want to have to do it again in 12/18 months time so i want to use the best quality drop links i can. Is there a brand or supplier that anyone can recommend?

13. Nighthawk Guest

OEM

14. godzilla84 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Makes sense I guess.