Suspension, Steering and Brakes Drop links..

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by tucker, Wednesday 20th Jul, 2016.

1. tucker Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom tucker Ramsbottom
    Just changed the rear drop links at the weekend, after doing the oil and a few bits to her.

Boy those nuts were a pain to remove. Heated them up but managed to only unscrew one of the 4 and the other 3 had to be cut off. The allen key at the end of the thread just rounded off after a few turns and then the whole thread just spins.

Let's hope the front ones hold out!

Still it's done now and the FR-V is already for a trip to Donegal next month.

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    If they are like my Accord then it's best to simply chisel apart the joints and then grip the exposed ball with molegrips while undoing the nut. I replaced them with Meyle drop-links that have flats to aid subsequent removal, which worked out well when I replaced the lower suspension arms and had to disconnect the droplinks.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. copytron Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland copytron Dublin
    I did same as Zebster, worth changing anti-roll bar bushes while you're at it, really easy and cheap making a big difference if they're worn.

Zebster likes this.
  4. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    According to another Honda forum these are up rated and better then standard.

I contacted the seller and was informed these were the right ones for an FR-V.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321450349087

copytron likes this.
  5. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Over the years I've fitted Meyle HD drop-links all round on my Accord (as well as Meyle Upper control arms and wishbones on the front). They seem pretty good.

copytron likes this.
  6. copytron Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland copytron Dublin
    I changed drop links recently (Zebsters advice with Meyle parts) and took photo for comparison. From left to right; stock (I think?), middle priced repacments and Meyle at the end. Quality of rubber is better, threads are cut more clean and most apparent is size of joints. Good call Zebster :Thumbup:

Drop the link.JPG
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks to RobsyUK also! :Wink:

Bones126, Zebster and legend-ary like this.