Electrical & Lights DS low beam

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by nauest, Friday 9th Oct, 2015.

1. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Hi Guys,

A weird but definitely not the most serious problem! I seem to be blowing my drivers side low beam bulb every couple of months. Any ideas what could be going on? Never blown a pass side!

Otherwise loving the car at the moment. Drove a Hyundai i20 for a few days the other week and it really made me appreciate how good the Accord is!

Cheers!

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Firstly make sure you aren't touching the glass of the bulb as you put it in. This leaves fingerprints which cause the bulb to heat up and blow.

Any condensation building up inside the headlight on that side ?

3. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    I always make sure not to touch the bulb. But yes, do get a small amount of condensation which I have been treating with Silica gel in the backing.

4. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Not sure if the bulb is blown or not, what do you guys think? :lol:

DSC_0054.JPG

5. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Is the glass cracking? This usually indicates a problem with moisture ingress. If not, then you're probably fitting crap bulbs... I had a string of failures using Lucas bulbs, but since switching to Osram Nightbreakers they last a decent time.

6. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Try OEM lamps they last the best IMO

7. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    No Glass cracking, I reckon I was getting grease on them. Plus they are definitely high quality bulbs! (Halford...ooops)

I used night breakers in my last car, think I will switch back to them.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Still strange that only ever blown one side

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

To be blowing on just one side, and having condensation, I would say it's the moisture causing/contributing to the issue.
    The bottom of those headlight units can store a lot of water. You cannot see it unless you remove the unit itself. It's a common issue.
    The price for genuine OEM was reduced and was very similar to aftermarket ones, so I'd just replace it Ned.