Electrical & Lights Dtc u0107

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by sev, Tuesday 4th Feb, 2014.

1. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Has anyone had any problems with U0107 DTC?
    Have a look at that:
    http://m.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3168932&styleid=14
    I would like to know if there is the same relay (Throttle Actuator Control Module Relay) in Honda Accord 8th Generation I-DTEC, and where is TAC module itself, any part number etc., so I can ask dealer for it. Ohh, and its worth to add that I have just replaced the battery for new Bosch.
    Would appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Sev

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't think we've seen this issue before on AOC.

The code description appears to be U0107 is Lost communication with Throttle Actuator Module

First thing to check (one you know where it is) is the connections to the module.

Actually you mention changing the battery. When did the code arise ? before or after changing battery ?
    Would be worth clearing the code first so see if it comes back.

3. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It just arose today. It has arisen before and after battery change - obviously it did't help.
    Where is Throttle Actuator Control Module. Is it throttle pedal itself?

4. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks like EGR valve getting sticky.
    Can someone post instructions to remove the valve, or at least torque settings.
    I might do nice DIY write up.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Before you get your spanner ready and do any cleaning or stripping have you ascertained for sure this DTC code is erasable? This code can be a intermittent blip I would recommend to remove it first and then do a rescan after 2 weeks to see if it comes back.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  6. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mate, these are baby steps you are talking about :Wink:
    I just keep removing it all every time it pops up but it's back, sometimes after 2-3 weeks, sometimes right away (like today).
    90% of times it has appeared together with first star on the day. I've then started to look through ECU parameters and spotted that EGR variables are constant (commanded - NO DATA, error - 99.2%). Sometimes EGR comes back to normal the same day, sometimes few days later.
    It really looks like the valve gets stuck over night and the struggle to move when engine is cold in the morning.
    I remember few months back, when it first appeared, talking to Honda tech at the local dealer. He mentioned that service manual suggests to do some test on EGR electrical circuit and if it's OK, it could be a sticky valve. That moment i thought - it could not be true - Mr Google and Mrs Web say it's TAC module.
    Now I think he might have been right.
    Could any Honda tech confirm???

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When was your car at a Honda dealer to receive it countless software updates.. is your car patched to the hill with all its roll up updates?

8. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good point mate.
    The car has been serviced up to schedule only by Honda so I believe it's up to date.
    The day I spoke to Honda tech he confirmed the soft is up to date. It was early autumn last year.
    I wonder when we will start to install firewalls and antivirus software on our cars? :Smile:

9. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    new set of updates have only just been delivered to dealers, there maily for glitches on new models but is not to say there are a few thown in for the previous. regards your DTC problem i have not come accross this before and there is no known fault/repair information avaliable from honda. it would require following the troubleshooting guides avaliable for that DTC to find its root cause. i wouldn't go by the american forums certainly not as that was for a 7th Generation acura. there should be no link to the EGR valve with that fault code, again I've not come accross a faulty EGR valve on an 8th Generation yet and some have done close to 200k already. not to say yours isnt sticking however.

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There you go you need to get those updates applied bud, the I-DTEC does not need the bash and dismantling cleaning regime as seen on the I-CTDI there is no need for it.