Tyres & Wheels Dunlop Sport Maxx RT - magnificent tyre

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Amused, Friday 10th May, 2013.

1. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Two weeks ago I bought a set of 4 new Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's in 225/50/17 Y.. OMG, what a tyre! I have driven all sorts of premium tyres on several different cars before (Michelins, Contis, Goodyears, Pirellis), but this one is something special... Immense grip on both dry and wet, fantastic cornenering, not even a hint of squealing, very quiet and comfortable for a sports tyre, made in Germany... Simply amazing! They completely ruin the stock Bridgestone Turanzas. This tyre is a great alternative (or better?) to Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2, which unfortunately is not made in Accord's size.

The grip is rated A, and the noise level is rated at 67 db!

I highly recommend this one for the Accord!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good feedback! I have to admit I was looking at this tyre specs some months ago and it did make me go :Aghast: keep us in the loop with your experience as time goes by.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've had the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric on an older car - if I could, I would always buy that tyre.

Nothing on Earth comes close to that. I thought the Eagle F1 GSD3 was heaven, but the EF1A is untouchable. Not to take anything away from other tyre makers, but in my experience, nothing beats that sports tyre. Nothing.

And yes, I have a huge Goodyear bias, even more so that CJ has a Honda bias. :Blink:

4. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate. I forgot to mention these tyres are MFS Dunlop Tire Technologies

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't tried the 1st Generation GY Eagle F1 Assymetric, but 2nd Generation is amazing, but so is this Dunlop, if not better...

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We all can't be perfect :Tongue: