Body, Paint & Styling Dunsh.......... I'm Sure I'm Jinxed!

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by John Dickson, Thursday 15th Oct, 2015.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well it hasn't even been a week since I got my car back from the body shop after having the hail stone damage repaired.

Thank you so Much Electrical Storm and Hail Stones.... | Page 2 (General - )

On the way to work this morning I had to stop at a junction in heavy traffic. When it was safe to pull out, off I went but someone pushed their luck and shoved out of the road at the other side of the staggered junction. Really if justice was doing it's job properly they should've had the dunsh but the misfortune was mine today and the car following me didn't see I had to stop and bumped the back of my car. If it hadn't been for the idiot shoving out there was ample room for both of us to pull out with no problems.

$#!t happens and there's nothing I can do about it. At least it wasn't as bad as it could've been but think it's time for a new rear bumper..... :Sobbing:

WP_20151015_12_14_48_Pro[1].

I'm sure I'm jinxed.

Other north east members may remember these stickers. Not seen one for years but it looks like you can still get them. Might have to get one.....

divvent_dunsh_us_were_geordies_bumper_sticker-r09822d3a75e84fa6a14a63bf9a635ad4_v9wht_8byvr_1024.

2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They've said they'll pay for the damage so a good outcome.

Chunkylover53 and Ichiban like this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate this sucks its not what we like to see at all ,its a phase mate I had this 3 years ago and I was livid it just passes.

4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hopefully that's it for my run of bad luck :fingerscrossed:

Could've been a lot worse. Parking sensors seem to be working ok and it was such a low speed the damage hasn't gone onto the tailgate or even popped the bumper clips.

Just broken plastic so it could've been worse.

Just hoping the impact bar is ok.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It should be fine mate you taking it back into the Honda body shop they will be like you again?

John Dickson likes this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep I'm on first name terms with Mark and Liam at Springfield body shop. It's a bit of a standing joke now my bad luck :Smile:

When I got my car last Friday we joked and said we hope we don't see each other for a long time.

I might be back tomorrow if I get chance to call in.

Springfield is a top body shop so they'll get it sorted and do a good job.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I wonder if they can put some invisible paint on the dirty diesel tailpipe :Smile:

The car does not smoke at all but the tailpipe is looking a bit sooty and grimy there.

Would love to get the exhaust finisher on but there isn't enough straight tailpipe after the back box for it to grip on to.

Don't think a petrol back box will work either as IIRC diesel engine doesn't need back pressure in exhaust system like a petrol does.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just at the body shop now. Bumper is ok just to paint. They're doing an estimate now.

Nels and Ichiban like this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fingers crossed its a cheap fix.

John Dickson likes this.
  9. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    I'd be interested to know what the estimate is.

I need my rear bumper resprayed too.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Oh John, this really isn't fair. :no:
    At least is may not be as bad as originally thought.

You must have been very, very bad in a previous life, or maybe you're clearing all your bad luck now and will have a better time in the future?

John Dickson likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    John bad person , bah no way he is yoda. It is jealously of what he has.

John Dickson likes this.
  12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's just a slight stress fracture and the impact bar is OK from what they can tell. It will be cos Springfield are always spot on correct with the work that is needed. Don't know how they can always tell but must be tricks of the trade and an expert eye. Just a respray will sort it, He said that changing the bumper for such minor damage is a bit pointless in a way as they find they need to respray white bumpers anyway to get them to match the car. White is a devil to match in so I'm told.

It's £240 Dave. I've got rear parking sensors mind so that probably adds to the labour to remove and refit the bumper after panting.

I must have done something to have earned this jinx...... :depressed:

We had a laugh about it when I took it in today. Well at least I can have a laugh about it that's the main thing.

They are also spot on about paying for the damage as well. So it's all worked out ok. Just got to get the booking in sorted.

It means I'm going to have to get rid of my "Made in Japan" rising sun bumper sticker though....:Sobbing:

dbrooks65 likes this.
  13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Is that a wonky stick or powerful sabre?:Whistle:

14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:Yoda: :lol: