ICE & HFT DVD error after flat battery (due to courtesy light)

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Dave400, Saturday 12th Dec, 2015.

1. Dave400 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My Dad has an 8th Generation and recently accidentally left the courtesy light on whilst on holiday, came back to it after a couple of weeks and following a jump start found the DVD would bring up a disc read error, this is with an original Honda Map disc from 2009.

A local dealer (Lings) who neither of us have any confidence in due to many a cock up in the past were insistant it was a faulty disc despite it being perfectly fine prior to the flattened battery.

I will at some point pull the drive from the boot to give the laser a decent clean, but in the meantime has anyone else experienced the same with similar circumstances?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sometimes you can get a bit of condensation building up on the laser, which caused it to fail to read. Having sat around for a few weeks, this may have happened to yours.

I can't see how it would be related to having a flat battery though.

3. Dave400 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This was back in October and hasn't improved since..
    It may not be related to the battery but the dvd read error only started after the battery went flat..