ICE & HFT DVD ROM Lens cleaning

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Nav, Sunday 20th May, 2012.

1. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I read a lot of threads saying how to clean the lens with a cotton bud..i took mine apart and i am not
    sure how to or which part to clean..?? any ideas..??

IMAG0037.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    IIRC you need a lint free cloth or even a cotton bud wet with alcohol you can reach the lense. You won't need to remove anything from the top you have just the sufficient space to do it. Get a strong LED light and look for the lense.

3. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ahhaa i see.. now i need alcohol..hmm will normal perfume do the trick..??

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yup that any cologne or Aftershave will do .

5. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok here we go...

6. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok i think i got it.. now i will put it back in tomorrow and see if it works.. fingers crossed.. thanks for your help CJ

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  8. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

aahhhaaa we have lift off.. works like a charm.. except the fact the the GPS position is not where is suppose to be..its no more stuck in one position but just wrong position.. it moves while i drive but its no where near where my car is.. wonder if it is the same problem as you said before CJ..

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good job bud, for the GPS location I am afraid there is no easy fix but change the entire center console.

You want the console with the fix applied.

10. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have been looking everywhere for one of those.. can't find them anywhere... unless i go for somthing newer... but then the issue with fault codes.. etc... can't get a break with this car.. just shed my entire savings at HH for a DMF and clutch.. the price was better than other dealers but still a lot of money... now this GPS...

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nav there will be loads of preface lift diesels going to die soon due to the timing chain and they will be littering a lot of scrap yards. keep your open you will find your part.

BTW whilst your car is at HH get them to inspect your timing chain , last thing you want is another curve ball.

12. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

are you telling me the timing chain can go bust on these things..?? i already got it back...

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nav you need to have a good look around at recent threads like of Chris and all the do and don't on the 7th Generation diesel it all here bud.

14. Athhos New Member Getting Started

Hi. Hope you resolved your position issue. If not I advise you to look at GPS antena. It hapened with me when i changed the lens and forgot the antenna plug.
    Regards,
    Sergio.
    (Portuguese ICTDI Accord)

15. vibrex Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have the dreaded Error Reading DVD Caption. I am happy to remove the unit and send to Alpine. Just cautious about driving around with it unplugged - does anyone have any thoughts?

16. Athhos New Member Getting Started

Sorry, didn't understood your help request.

17. vibrex Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry, I was maybe not too clear.
    Is it ok to drive around with the DVD unit out?

18. Athhos New Member Getting Started

Well, depends. You'll loose all because your console will not power up. The unit its conected in a ring, so if one of its components gets out it gets off. But abou driving The car will work às usual.