General DVLA: License Paper Counterparts - Abolished 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndyB1976, Monday 24th Nov, 2014.

1. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Ichiban likes this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Thank, bloody, god. It's such a pain when organisations ask you for the paper counterpart, I had it recently when renting a van and will have to again in a couple of weeks.

I welcome this with open arms.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Champion so does that mean insurance companies have direct feed to your licence and they know how many points you have....lol

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Another chance for the computer to get it wrong without the poor driver knowing until there is an issue.

"Progress" for the sake of it, the saving made is tiny.

exec likes this.
  5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Well those extra little helps will go towards lining the pockets of the scums in parliament or the xmas party bash for DVLA.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Leaves more money for "people" to claim bigger expenses against :Whistle:

exec likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You missed out the bubbly you can't have cheap tat. Only the best for our MP's

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Good point, those extra cash they will make from the new road tax transfer rules should add plenty more to the pot, might be some spare changes for the DVLA execs to have a new years bash at the ritz.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Apparently there is some confusion as to when the counterpart will be withdrawn. So don't just yet go and rip that counterpart yet as DVLA themselves are in internal conflict to the date when this will happen.

10. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    I have just renewed my photocard licence (they only last 10 years - check yours!) and the new one came with a paper counterpart.
    I did it online as I have also only just renewed my passport so the DVLA can use the photo and signature off it. Photo came out crap - black and white, showed it to my mate and he didn't recognise me!

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I did the same a few months back however the snowy picture is made up with your personal info look it under a magnifying glass the biometric measures put in are worth a look.

12. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not of much use when a bouncer kicks you out for using a friends/brothers/cousins ID :Laughing:

I'm very close to getting a new license just so I can change the pic.

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
  14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

15. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    One less paper in the folder. You can now check all your licence online now which is pretty cool, see your history for convictions and what not :Whistle:

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Not much good for the 27% (2013 data) of people in the UK that still don't have access to the internet though...

17. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    The online service isnt working at the moment anyway as the DVLA servers have crashed due to the high load of traffic. I have always found it amusing how governmental departments, knowing they are bringing in big changes, never prepare for excess enquiries or have a fall back plan when they have had years to prepare for something.

But anyway, yes, DVLA licencing check service is currently offline