Suspension, Steering and Brakes Dynamic Damper on the Front Beam is broken, what does it do ?.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by westcorkaccord, Friday 13th Sep, 2013.

1. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    While looking under my car resently I noticed this block of rubber in a metal frame bolted on to the sub frame. The little rubber pieces connecting the main block have started to crack and as I have noticed no change in my car I am wondering what does it do ?. (part # DYN-50410SEFE00) Damper FR Sub Frame Dynamic.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Iron out the engine vibration to the cross member.. Have you had the engine out recently for a clutch change if the operator has used that spot for a fulcrum it will render it useless in minutes. ?

They hardly fail under normal operation.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Can you post a picture of it please ?

4. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    No clutch replacement, Car had two tips ( mostly wing and bonnet replacement) but the bracked looks OK with no damage just the block is resting on the bracket due to to the cracked little joiners. If this is for engine vibrations I should get it replaced soon, can this be done myself or does it need to be calibrated ?.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be about two weeks before I get it to a lift again.

5. westcorkaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

VW-Honda Ireland
    Got the part today, will try to fit it in the next two weeks. First one ordered by my garage so time will tell if it is a waste of money (€48).