Dealers/Garages E.Mac Service Plan

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Robbie, Thursday 8th Nov, 2012.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I was persuaded by my Honda dealer to take out a service plan over three years that would cover the cost of the annual service. I commenced the plan in March 2010 at £21.83 per month and have had two services - February 2011 and February 2012. As I am getting the new CR-V I cancelled the plan in October and have now been informed that I will be reimbursed £85.65 after the cost of sericing and management fees have been deducted. I will thus have paid a total of £592.12 for two services.

Anyone care to comment? I think I have been ripped off.

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I think it depends what has been done during the services.

Some of them such as the 75000 miler can involve quite a bit of work.

Sorry everyone to go on about this, but get yourself down to evening classes in car maintenance at your local college, and you'll save a fortune, and be certain the work was done and done right.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    EDIT

Got the wrong end of the stick guys ... for your new CR-V you need to be careful what you decide.

So a dealer has sold you an aftermarket servicing plan and not a Honda plan is that right?

my advise if the company in concern goes into administration or the dealership then its a worthless piece of paper. get the Honda happiness service as it will be honoured in any dealership in the UK.

The dealership servicing will be only tied into this dealer only, aftermarket serving plans have more margins of profit for the dealer :Wink:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    EDIT

Robbie ,Cliff is right for your current CR-V..

For your new CR-V

New CR-V mate it is advisable to go to dealers when the car is new for Product updates ,recalls ,warranty etc..

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It depend what was done on this services really.
    If it was basic oil and filters change then it does sound expensive.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yes you have been ripped off .BIG STYLE

7. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The problem here is what the original agreement was. If you agreed to three years and cancelled before the end, they will always financially penalise you.

8. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just bite the bullet and transfer it in to your new car.

9. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Unfortunately, that's not possible, otherwise I would have done so. However, I spoke to the dealer today and Honda have an offer of three years service for £199 on new cars. It's a no brainer, so I have gone for that, and I was told that my car will arrive before the end of the month.