Electrical & Lights Earth strap locations?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Galgo, Monday 23rd Feb, 2015.

1. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know there is obviously the negative lead from the battery, and an earth strap by the engine mount (timing chain end). But are there any other earth straps on the car?

I recently changed the negative battery lead (pic of dodgy one in my project log) and after I changed it I spotted the one by the engine mount that is also in pretty poor condition. Thinking I may as well change all of them.

Engine is 2.4.

Thanks.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    In the bay, there's also a gearbox earth by the nearside mount, and also earths under the intake manifold cover. @SpeedyGee is it two there?

If you have headlights flickering, dash dimming or just generally "fluttering" then replacing other earths could likely cure it. I wouldn't worry about the ones under IM cover so much, they're unlikely to be heavily oxidised.

Galgo likes this.
  3. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate I'll check the one by the N/S mount too.

Since I changed the battery lead the dashboard doesn't dim anymore when I start the car. The O/S mount earth strap is definitely in need of replacement. Will post up some pics in my project log for anyone that cares lol

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's always good to follow along with work that people are doing on there cars ... so yes we do care :Grin:

Galgo likes this.
  5. nemiers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland
    Hi, heres one I replaced. Looked too corroded, just pulled on ground wire and it came apart. :Laughing:
    Sorry for quality of pics.

20141110_161112. 20150114_115228.

6. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the pics @nemiers they are in a similar condition to my ones! :Laughing:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Sorry missed this tag.

From memory there is an earth on front of engine (the one in pics above), one on the gearbox and one on the intake manifold.

@nemiers that earth doesn't actually look to bad, it's just oxidised on the outside. No harm replacing it though.

8. nemiers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland
    SpeedyGee, bad pictures, had some more, could not find them.
    But the fact is that wire was so oxidized that when pulling on it separated it in two pieces!!!
    That kind of ground needs replacement, its almost as none.
    Text upside down lol, no time to fix :Laughing:
    20150114_115228.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Ah yes, I seen the damage now.