Listing Ended Ebay rip off special oil filter

Discussion in 'eBay Links' started by Ichiban, Friday 21st Dec, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    OIL FILTER HONDA ADH22117 BY BLUE PRINT | eBay

why on earth would you buy this third rate filter which more expensive than the real thing at dealers even at maximum retail price

look at the postage price this puts it into perspective our affiliation with HH

SayamaAccord likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Your average punter doesn't know any different. Also a lot of the time people just go to side street garages for a service (unless their car is really new) and pay a fixed fee. They have no idea what oil is put into their engines, let alone what brand of filter. All they know is that they paid up and had their car serviced.

3. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    I'll get a photo of what is fitted to mine when the sun is out, well when it gets light tomorrow not sometime in April.
    The oil has done less than 2000 miles so still a little while to go till it will all be OEM under the bonnet. Not bad for a 13 year old car.
    Opps 14 :roll

Last edited: Saturday 5th Jan, 2013
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    What go outside at nearly 2am and rummage around in the mud photographing inside the wheel arch?
    What would my neighbours say?

I'll be back in 10 mins

20130106_004940.

I know, I know but its wetter and muddier than the Somme out there and with no lighting (makes star gazing better) AND my lack of knowledge as to where the oil filter is....
    Will get it later today.

Last edited: Sunday 6th Jan, 2013
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Fair play for trying :Thumbup: :Smile:

7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Same reason people go to halfords and spend £32 on wipers for their Civic when OEM ones are £21.98. Perception that dealers are more expensive than aftermarket. Or laziness as I call it.

Primarycare likes this.
  8. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Didn't manage to get the snap today, its dark by the time I'm bathed and dressed :Blushing:

Why did the photo show here without having to use the paperclip button? that I'm now about to go and sort on the other post showing a cute old Ford called Casper.

The photo of mine above was ment to show a Blue Point filter that was fitted by the last owner who didn't skimp on any parts but for some reason used this filter but went to Honda to get the belts done (so as to have the receipt from Honda).

The Halfords thing I think is down to guys having nothing better to do on a Sunday/Wanting a break from the Mrs and or kids/Want to show off how shiney their car is but are skint from spending 3 grand on gizmos, gadgets and audio downgrades so cannot afford the fuel to go for a proper drive.

9. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Better late than never, and honestly it didn't take me a couple of days to find it. :whistle:

View attachment 6457

It will be replaced once I manage to see even a slight change in the oil colour.
    Have a choice of two Honda filters and 12 Lts of Honda oil sitting on a shelf thanks to Holdcroft.
    At those prices why just order enough?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Tuesday 8th Jan, 2013