Engine & Gearbox Ecu code p1236 CR-V going into limp mode at high revs

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by JamesBG, Sunday 22nd Feb, 2015.

1. JamesBG New Member Getting Started

England James Goole
    Hi, when i go over about 3500 revs my CR-V goes into limp mode and the engine management light comes on, ECU is giving code p1236 which i think has something to do with pressure at the fuel pump? Anyone any ideas ? Its a 55 plate 2.2 cdti

Thanks

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've read about this issue in the past, it's normally due to excess carbon build-up. When was the fuel filter last replaced? I'd also check and clean the EGR valve, the turbo vanes and use some fuel system cleaner for good measure.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Wrong advise mate, first check if you have the a original fuel filter installed that is 99% due to a clog filter or a non genuine filter.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I did mention the fuel filter first as it's the most likely :Smile:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The rest isn't required thou.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've read people having replaced the fuel filter to no avail and finding that the EGR and turbo vanes are clogged up with carbon deposits. Also common on the 1.7 I-CDTI.

Either way, OP has something to go on :Smile:

7. JamesBG New Member Getting Started

England James Goole
    I'll check the fuel filter although it was replaced 3 months back with a genuine part, will have a look at the EGR valve as well. Many thanks for the responses, will post again when I've had a look

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's the reason I asked, I've read about it a few times now. Let us know how you get on :Smile: