Engine & Gearbox Ecu

Discussion in '5th Generation (1994-1997) [Rover 600, Isuzu Aska]' started by Brian100, Saturday 30th Mar, 2013.

1. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys from sunny Cyprus, yes we still have the sun, the european market not sold that yet ha ha ha. I have managed to locate a ECU here in Paphos, the top part of the number is the same but the bottom number is not, is that make sence, I think the bottom number is to do with manufactureing, when I took it out I removed the covers and noticed that there was black marks under neath the two capacitors, I moved one of them and one of the legs have been burnt through, so i will as well (just in case) replace these and see what happens, and in the mean time take the car to the scrappy where the othere unit is and swap it over and see what happens, it's all trial and error I'm affraid, I know one guy here who has a daiwoo was having simular problems with his car, engine warning light cumming on etc, he took it to the dealers in Nicosia it cost him 2000 euro to put right, ouch, my car not worth that ha ha ha.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What issues did you encounter with the current ECU for you to look for another one?

Whats happening in Cyprus is not good is it? are people still queuing to withdraw their money?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Was this with the ECU on the car or the second hand sourced one?

4. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is the originalone, there is a problem associated with the foot brake (light switch)and the car engine stopping, when the foot brake is applied(activating the light switch) the engine cuts out, every thing elsehas been eliminated such as vacuum from the servo. By removing thefuse that serves the brake switch, horn and power to part of the ECUthe engine does not stop when the brake is applied, which leads me tobelieve that there must be a problem in the ECU unit for the engineto stop when the brake light switch is activated and live puttingpower to the ECU, there is no TCU on the model accord.

5. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ECU coding

Greetings again from sunny Cyprus and the bank queues. I have been looking for another ECU here in Cyprus, I have discovered 2 capacitors with black marks underthem, although I have bought 2 more to resolder in I thought I would see if I can another one and found a scrappy that has one but he wants 100 euro for it, I only want the ECU not the business, any way the number on the ECU seems to be quite unique, this is it;3782-POD-900, the other numbers are; 308-103301- (1J13), and D90, now the reason I ask this is because is there a range of ECU codes that would fit my 1994 Accord, and I believe it's an OBD1, the car is anAuto 2.0, F20B, CD4, EX engine, this saves me being tied down to one specific ECU, what seems to make it different to all the others is the "POD-900", if any one can through some light on this please, much appreciated.

Last edited: Tuesday 2nd Apr, 2013