Engine & Gearbox EG clutch concerns?

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by hedleyf, Friday 10th Apr, 2015.

1. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    Noticed the clutch on the old Civic is not as good as once was although not yet slipping thinking of changing it as also getting a judder at times, I,ve seen a make on Ebay which includes a lighter flywheel and wondered if anyone has used this clutch before? It's a XTC make and looks the part, feedback is good and price is right considering I would need to mechine my old flywheel if I just fitted a clutch kit, any concerns over using a lighter flywheel? And any concerns over these range of Honda clutches.
    Thanks.:Grin:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    General concerns regarding a lightened flywheel is that as the engine loses momentum quickly so you could potential be running with reduced economy.

Conversely the engine picks up revs quicker too :Grin:

Chunkylover53, Bones126 and Nighthawk like this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have seen a jump in my fuel economy on my 7th Generation with the lighten flywheel if driven sensibly, but that just down to a fresher clutch with more meat on the bone. However speedy is right when you are looking at the broader picture on the overall.

Revs really quick :BooYeah:

Bones126 likes this.
  4. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys,
    Will just have to give it a go I suppose.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted and take pictures of the kit you going for and the install.