Service & Maintenance EGR Valve pipe

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Bowler, Friday 6th Sep, 2013.

1. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Friend of mine has a 2011 CR-V diesel with 110,000 on the clock. Developed diesel smell coming into the car has been told its the EGR valve pipe and needs replacing at a cost of £400 (think at that price its the valve itself)

Just out of warranty due to the mileage but although told by the dealer there has been no recall for this, a owner of a Accord tells him there is?

Anybody else had this problem and if there was a recall?
  2. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The dealer may be technically right in that there is not a recall, but they are being economical with the truth. There is actually an extended warranty on this part.

Search the forum for the DTC. It might well be under the 8th Generation accord section.
    Bowler likes this.
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    Bowler likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    2011 engine will be an I-DTEC engine so the same warranty extension will apply.
  5. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    Could this fault affect the I-CDTI engine? My CR-V has developed a strange noise when pulling in third gear, it sounds like wind in a hollow pipe and gets raspy? It appears to come from the left side of the engine. can't hear it when stationary and revving the engine.
    Only appears when the engine is warm.
    Last edited: Monday 13th Jan, 2014