Electrical & Lights Electric driver seat

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Sunday 1st Feb, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My poor accord has suffered another wound while trying to survive at the hands of my dad.

Was in it this morning turning on the voice directions volume with the sat nav and I noticed the electric recline wouldn't work with the drivers seat. Forwards, backwards, up and down all work and the passenger seat all works fine. You can hear the motor try to engage for a split second and can feel very slight movement in your back (almost like a lumber adjust feeling) but then nothing.

What do you reckon, is it motor related?

2. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    I have the EXACT same issue.

I have read elsewhere that for some, the motor was simply seized and the problem was solved but pushing on the seat very hard in the direction of and at the same time that you are trying to recline.

I have tried this to some extent but haven't pushed as hard as I perhaps could. I'm buying a new drivers seat anyway as the heater element also doesn't work but I will enlist a second pair of hands to really try this properly tomorrow.

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Probably best thing would be to loosed off the moutning bolts and tilt the seat backwards to have a good look underneath to see whats going on. I recently replaced the bottom half of my seat due to the heated base not working (sooo glad I did with this waether) Its quite complicated under there. so you will need a bright torch and patience. I bought a replacement seat base for £40 and it took about an hour to swap, not to difficult to do.

Although it still has a slight problem... in that my seat moves about 1cm forwards under heavy braking as if its not bolted down tightly. But it is bolted very tight. I have tried all sorts to resolve but have given up and learned to live with it. It is secure and not going anywhere but a tad annoying when you move 1cm forward as I brake hard. oh well

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cheers guys. Do you know if the mechanism is metal or plastic? If the latter I'd be a little reluctant to put too much force on it.

5. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

theres a good mix of both under there, mostly metal I think but lots of plastic clips and things. good luck,

Any idea what he did to cause it to stop or is it just bad timing and it was going to break anyway?

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    He didn't even realise. My brother had been driving it also sometimes so he would have adjusted it. I'll have a look at some point but it's not urgent.