Electrical & Lights electric shock

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordEZJ, Wednesday 13th Feb, 2013.

1. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey peeps

Hope your all enjoying the snow lol

Quick question, everytime i get out the car and touch the body i get a small electric shock...now i know this is probably a grounding issue but for the life of me i don't know where to check or what to do...help

Also changing the sidelight bulbs to led one's...going thru the wheel arches is the best method... Correct?

Thanks in advance

Ejaz

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its normal bud static electricity you must be wearing clothes which induce more static electricity.:Pinch:

3. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quick question, everytime i get out the car and touch the body i get a small electric shock...now i know this is probably a grounding issue but for the life of me i don't know where to check or what to do...help

Thanks in advance

Ejaz[/QUOTE]

this is the anti hijacking system :Wink:

Ichiban likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You need to find out which piece of clothing is causing the issue. I had one particular pair of work trousers that were good at working up some static electricity.
    I used to either get shocked by my car getting in or if I got out the car and managed to not get shocked, I would get shocked by the door handle to my house Lol.

I see no ones answered your second question on how to get to the side light bulbs. I haven't had to change mine so don't actually know.
    Hopefully someone else can answer that one.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes its the easiest way to do it.

6. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    Re shock
    Just make sure you are touching the bodywork before touching the ground. The charge will then run down your leg and to earth without the circuit needing to be 'made' creating a spark and an ouch.

7. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the replies...

Changed clothes...still get a shock...must be the anti hijacking lol

Oh yeah changed the sidelights to, led's look well cool!

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    don't forget foot wear can also generate static.

I've been meaning to switch the side lights to LED for ages, just haven't got round to it. So you went via the wheel arches to change them ? How long did it take to do ?

9. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep went thru the wheel arches, took 5mins max each side, was surprised how easy it was, but do be carefull pulling the plastic clips out to pull back the plastic as they tend to break...other then that a very simple task thats well worth it!!

Last edited: Friday 15th Feb, 2013