Electrical & Lights Electric tailgate beep

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Accordio, Friday 17th Jul, 2015.

1. Accordio Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

when opening or closing the electric tailgate of my Tourer, this beep IMO is terrible.
    When parking in a indoor parking, the sound goes with a echo.
    I think its to loud.
    I wonder if there is a opportunity to switch the sound off, or at least reduce the sound.
    Does anyone know?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Bump. Anyone know about this ?

3. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    I have the remedy!! open it manually, but the shopping may end up on the floor. LOL

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:bump:
    Anyone know the answer?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    hi @Accordio could you please take a sample of the sound so we can hear what its doing.

The 8th Generation has two beepers one inside the car one outside the car so try to locate which one is causing it

Also have a look at this the Power Tailgate Buzzer Beep Pattern
    ConditionBeep Pattern
    When the tailgate starts to open automaticallyBeeps 1 time
    When the tailgate starts to close automaticallyBeeps 1 time
    When the reverse operation is started after the tailgate has detected any obstructionBeeps 3 times
    When the reverse operation is started by switch operationBeeps 3 times
    When the vehicle speed exceeds 2 km/h (1.2 mph) while the tailgate is opening automaticallyBeeps 3 times
    When the operating time is overBeeps 3 times
    When the vehicle speed exceeds 2 km/h (1.2 mph) while the tailgate is closing automaticallyBeeps intermittently until the condition is corrected
    When the tailgate fall-down detection function is activatedBeeps continuously
    When the vehicle starts to run with the tailgate openBeeps intermittently until the condition is corrected
    I will post a article on the power tailgate and how it works in a separate thread.Thanks.

Nighthawk and Nels like this.
  6. Accordio Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry for the late reply, it is because of a little holiday.
    I.m.h.o. my car has just one buzzer for the tailgate. However, i went to my Honda dealer
    for this question.
    He said the buzzer is inserted in the electronic powerdevice of the tailgate, and can' t
    be adjusted or removed.