Engine & Gearbox Engine Management Light on Low Revs (i-CTDi)

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by christy77, Wednesday 10th Sep, 2014.

1. christy77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris
    Hi everyone. First time post as I am relatively new to Honda. I have 2006 facelift 2.2 diesel accord. Love it by the way.
    Car is running perfect but a couple of times while driving at low revs (in traffic queues etc) the enigine light comes on. Goes off after a couple cycles of normal driving.
    Haven't been able to get a fault code as it isn't storing them and haven't had access to reader when it went on.
    My mechanic could find no issues at last service.
    Any ideas why it would only go on when car is crawling in low gear? Possible EGR valve sticking and then being cleared while driving normally?

Thanks
    Chris

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Chris,

Hard to say anything for sure from that description, the code (or pending code) would be handy to know.

What is the service history like on this car ? Has the fuel filter been changed ? And was the filter used an OEM filter ?

An EGR clean out wouldn't hurt either, there are instructions on the site for this.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Even temporary codes will show on HDS, unfortunately most garage diagnostics systems aren't able to read the bespoke Honda sub-systems. Snap-On Diagnostics are one of the few that can.

Given the issue is showing at low revs, I'd also be looking at blocked flow - EGR, air filter, TB etc.

4. christy77 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris
    Thanks guys. Service history is mainly Honda. Light came on before and after last service so don't think it is related. I will try the EGR valve clean to see if that helps.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds