Electrical & Lights Engine management lights

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StaffWolf82, Wednesday 19th Dec, 2012.

1. StaffWolf82 New Member Getting Started

Hi all. I've recently bought myself an Accord 2.2 ctdi as the family car. I absolutely love driving it and am generally very impressed.

I bought the car with the knowledge that the dashboard was lit up like a christmas tree. Basically all the warning lights stay permanently lit but with absolutely no symptoms from the car. It drives perfectly.

The previous owner tells me that the problem has only occurred since he had to jump start it using a booster pack.

I have tried disconnecting the battery overnight to reset the ECU and i've also charged the battery as I feared it may have been weak. This hasn't worked.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a method of fixing this fault? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC
    There is no easy fix unfortunately,you will have to get somebody to read faults codes and delete them.

3. StaffWolf82 New Member Getting Started

Thanks zoran. What does that entail then mate? I assume the car has a socket of some description to plug a diagnostic machine into?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup it has a DLC data link connector port just close to the fuse box or the bonnet catch. Get the codes read via this port and it will tell you which codes.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have you got multiple warning lights on ? Check engine light is only one light. Do you have other lights on too ? For example VSA light ?

6. StaffWolf82 New Member Getting Started

Yes mate. There are 4 on i think, VSA, ABS, exclamation mark in circle and the EM light.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That sound like speed/brake sensor or VSA module is shot.
    If its the latter then I am afraid it could turn out to be expensive.
    Without codes its all guesswork,you really need to get codes read on diagnostic machine.
    Take note of what they are and post them here.
    Hope its nothing and just a glitch from bad battery.
    Happy Christmas and all the best in New year.

8. StaffWolf82 New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the advice zoran. Very much appreciated.

I'll have to get some fault codes then and take it from there. Have a merry christmas yourself mate! Thanks.