Engine & Gearbox Engine noise

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jamanek, Wednesday 16th Apr, 2014.

1. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    Hi All!!
    I have small and annoying problem with my k20a6. Noise coming from engine(knocking noise in background)

But when AUX belt been removed noise is gone

Any ideas?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's always hard to conclude anything from these videos as the mic mobiles phones is not very good. I;m assuming its the noise towards the back of the engine you are talking ??

So assuming that is correct, just thinking it through, the only thing that stops at the back of the engine when the aux belt if off is the power steering fluid.

With no aux belt PS pump isnt running so no fluid being pumped around the power steering rack.

Do you have any noise coming from the steering rack when you turn the steering wheel ?

3. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    Thanks for answer but no noises when turning steering wheel also PSF been changed about 6months ago. Noise is not so loud when engine is warmed

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I have another listen when Im at home later. Crappy earphones aren't helping much.

If the removing the aux belt takes the noise away, then you need to check all the pulleys that the aux belt drives. So check the tensioner pulleys, alternator, powersteering, A/C pump etc. See if any of these make a noise when spun by hand or if they seem to have any play in them.

5. jamanek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tom Basingstoke
    Will do it, many thanks for help I'll let U know about results

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is the knocking hard at hard revs too ?

7. Andris New Member Getting Started

Finally what was the solution for the problem?

8. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Do this mean you have the same noise Andris?