General engine revs up to 2100 when pressing brake and acceleration

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by PanayiotisPal, Sunday 14th Jun, 2015.

1. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Paliometocho
    The engine revs when pressing brake and accelerator at same time are limited to about 2100 rev/min even with VSA off. Is there a way that this might be bypassed in order to help getting out at stall situations? The BOS brake override system engages and the manual does not make any comment on BOS and how this can be disabled. Thanks

Last edited: Sunday 14th Jun, 2015
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You rev the car in neutral above 2100 RPM?

3. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Not in neutral, in Drive.
    Maybe I need more than 2000 for stall situations in order to give more torque to the rear wheels like having same force on all 4 wheels.
    or
    If I am carrying a boat and I am at incline getting the boat from the harbour bridge driving up and the car is sliding back due to the load. So I need more torque to the rear wheels.

These are the 2 cases I can think of where I would need to disengage the BOS.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Where does it rev to in neutral then max?

5. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

When I am in drive and I depress both pedals accelerator and brake the engine rev stops at 2100. I need to know if I can disable the Brake override system. Cheers

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I get that but surely you can rev the car in neutral on a flat surafce?

7. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes in neutral there is no problem. I need to send a bit more torque to the rear wheels. How would the neutral help?

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I don't understand - the car is too low so you want to raise it, the AWD isnt working to how you want it, so you want Honda to change that for you, you don't have enough torque and the engine is limited preventing you from driving it the way you want to. Is it not easier to get a different car which meets all these, and your personal requirements and something that you would then be happy with?

9. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

:Smile: So I guess no luck either. I am trying to see the capabilities of my car.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Then the autobox is limiting the power then it but be a system feature will have to dig into that on the WSM's. Disabling won't be easy unless you get into the depths of electronics and overriding it.

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  11. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cheers :Smile: I will be obgliged if you can find any additional information regarding this possibility. Yes it is an electronic safety feature. Some cars let you disable when at P. I tried but did not manage. It is only an automatic transmission feature I would guess because when you have a clutch this is not needed.
    - - - Updated - - -
    This is from the pdf I have attached.
    Can I turn brake override off?
    Many brake override systems can be turned off. Disabling the safety feature usually involves pushing the brake pedal and the accelerator while the car is in a parked position for a certain amount of time. If the brake override feature on your vehicle
    can be turned off, you can find more information about how to disable it in your owner’s manual
    - - - Updated - - -
    I still like the CR-V as an SUV since it suits most of my family needs. I got into more reading since the rear wheels failed to spin. This was not intentional. It was caused due to the AWD failure and it is a pure reaction. Also wanting to raise the springs for a bit of offroad in order to safe the cars belly from hitting on rocks is something that I guess is usual. I think I am justified due to these circumstances.

Attached Files:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is what I could find

Brake Assist Features
    Brake assist helps ensure that any driver can achieve the full braking potential of the vehicle by increasing brake system pressure in a panic situation, bringing the vehicle into a full ABS stop.
    Each time the ignition switch is turned ON (II), the VSA modulator-control unit learns the current driver's normal braking characteristics by monitoring the brake pressure sensor and the brake pedal position switch at each stop. Using these inputs and their values, the VSA modulator-control unit is able to learn the driver's normal braking habits, and then determine the difference between a normal stop and a panic stop for the individual driver of the vehicle. If during a panic stop the VSA modulator-control unit determines that the brake system pressure increases above a learned threshold in less than a learned amount of time, the VSA modulator-control unit engages brake assist.Because the brake system pressure crossed the threshold before the time threshold had expired, the VSA modulator-control unit goes into brake assist mode.

upload_2015-6-14_21-47-33.

13. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I could not find anything else either. It was intoduced late 2012 by Honda, and it is not even in the owners manual. I wish there was a disable feature as described in the pdf I attached previously.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is no override bud for owners to do that its not a landy.