Accord Engine Under tray needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smokingman, Friday 27th Nov, 2015.

1. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi guys
    In need of a bit of help
    Car in for a service today and they found a seized rear calliper so that is being sorted as I,ve not time to shop for parts and fit as car needed on Sunday. However in need of a new undertray for a 2.2 I-DTEC 09 Accord, can't find the part number on Lings, Honda Lincoln quote £300, could Holdcroft do a better deal? Basically they are saying the retaining clips are shot. Will see in morning when I pick up the car.

Regards

John

2. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys
    Got car back for Honda Lincoln, it would seem that the clips which hold the metal part of the undertray on had siezed hence damaged the plastic undertray-see pictures. I found the part number on Lings in the end-PFKL798462, Cover assy. Going to see in the morning if I can sort a repair until a new under cover is obtained. DSC_0006[1].JPG DSC_0007[1].JPG DSC_0008[1].JPG There would seem to be three out of seven bolts on the cover, mostly on one side. Any advise would be appreciated.

John S

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
  4. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Zebster
    Was thinking along those lines, I found a picture on another forum which shows the whole undertray. My more permanent solution was to make some new mounting points out of aluminium and rivet them to the plastic part and fit new speed clips with lots of grease. But I'm sure I'll sort something out. Undertray3.

Zebster likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi mate have a look at this mod I did on the tray http://hondakarma.com/threads/8th-generation-accord-engine-splash-guard-fix.6002/live you do away with the pesky clips and bolts to a easier solution.

I also have a second hand engine under tray with all it mounting holes intact with this mod but the plastic is slightly damage but does not affect the operation at all. I remove it from my car as I damaged it by leaving an axle stand underneath the care when I downed the car.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi mate have a look at this mod I did on the tray http://hondakarma.com/threads/8th-generation-accord-engine-splash-guard-fix.6002/live you do away with the pesky clips and bolts to a easier solution.

I also have a second hand engine under tray with all it mounting holes intact with this mod but the plastic is slightly damage but does not affect the operation at all. I remove it from my car as I damaged it by leaving an axle stand underneath the care when I downed the car.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Same on mine.
    It's held in place now with cable ties.
    Will look into replacing it when this nice British weather improve.

8. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Morning guys
    Update: removed damaged bolts from undertray (see above pics). Managed to use three of the original bolts and four cable ties as suggested. Not as elegant as Honda intended but at least it is on. A big thanks to who invented cable ties!

John S

Nels and legend-ary like this.