Off-Topic England flags on cars at tournament time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SayamaAccord, Monday 14th May, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Opinions anyone?

2. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Depends if you drive a Saxo lol

It's a no from me

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Patriotic :Thumbup: but a menace for other road users if they come off and hit other road users. They are missiles once they are off the windows. Police are heavy handed for snow on roof top in wintery conditions and they should come into the same scope.

Its needs clarity and addressed.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I've always had a england flag on the parcel shelf of all my cars tournament or no tournament. But on my accord the rear window is tinted (by previous owner) so as it wouldn't be visible it's on my number plate instead. :Smile:

I thing flags on cars at tournament time promotes national pride and unity for the country we live in and is a good thing. Shame after the tournaments end everyone is so quick to take them back down again.

5. Riptide Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I love the fact that they come off about 2 minutes after they get booted out of the competition like people are embarrassed of their nationality all of a sudden (I'm not English BTW)

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I think that's the same with any nationality. It's partly people can't be bothered once their kicked out, and partly sulking and taking your ball home because you don't want to play any more.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish we celebrate Saint George's Day with more fun fair rather being a symbol for the far right . Being English should not be for jumping on the political correctness bandwagon.

Nevyn likes this.
  8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Couldn't agree more cj, we celebrate St paddy's day and the scottish one (sorry can't remember it's name) but seem to neglect St georges day. I didnt see 1 england flag this year on St georges day.

Being proud to be English is seen as being associated with being a far right supporter and something to be ashamed of. Politicians shun it for that reason. Instead it should be used to help unite all the cultures in England under a common identity, people might get on a bit better then.

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My old man has a 20 foot high flag pole in his garden, and flys his Welsh flag with pride.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    looks like the weather is finally going to cheer up , This weekend is shopping for the euros 2012, not that England will do well. :Smile:

Beer stockpile
    Pimms with vegetables for my snooty friends.( can't drink the manly stuff)
    England flags
    England T shirts
    etc etc

what your plans

11. I doubt i'll even watch the Euros.

Gaz.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Go on don't be such a misery ..:Whistle:

13. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

To be honest sorry to say I'll probably not be either...England were abysmal at the World Cup...and the same group of players has been picked again and several IMO more deserving candidates left at home.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Should I get my violin out ?? :Whistle:

15. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nah just enjoy it...wake me up if they make the semi.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Don't be silly they will never get there, how long do you reckon Roy gets the chop ?