Off-Topic English Football

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SayamaAccord, Thursday 15th Mar, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Players look skillful enough when you watch it on the telly...

...but United out, City on their way out, World Cup humiliation... English football over-rated, overpaid, and second rate?
  2. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can't stand football. Regardless of who is playing. Sorry. Over paid and over rated.
  3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

One word. YES!
  4. Norms Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not just English football, all top flight football is overpaid and the reactions of some of the so called professionals when being "fouled" is ridiculous. They squirm around on the floor as if they'd broke both legs or even worse when very little has actually happened to them! And then a few of those millionaires declare themselves bankrupt because they can't afford to live, What the ?? So annoying but it's not overrated though as it is the best sport on the world :Tongue: and I still watch it every week :cool:
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    spot on Norms despite all that still love to watch the beautiful game week after week.
  6. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Footballers are overpaid these days and drama queens but English football is not overrated in my opinion.
    Football today is all about money and revenue but there are still teams that play good football with not so much money spent.I love football and will watch it till the day i leave this world.
    Howay the lads.
  7. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

American football players are ridiculously overpaid, into the millions of US dollars yearly. Not sure what English football players are paid, but i can't imagine it's anything near that. Though many are super rich, so who knows. Still, i enjoy English football more than American style.
  8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Can't stand football. Was watching the England matches during the Euro's. Some of the Italian players rolling around on the floor should have been given Oscars. Anybody would think they'd have been shot the way they making such a meal of it. The as soon as they get a free kick they miraculously recover and jog away.
  9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Beverly, some of our top players are on a million pounds a month. Obviously that figure is just their club wages and excludes their own sponsorships and endorsements. An average premier league player will probably take £60,000 a week.

Football is an entertainment business at the end of the day. It provides millions of people with an escape from their lives every Saturday. So why shouldn't a highly skilled professional who is at the top of his game take some of that large revenue? Nobody complains when robbie Williams signs an £80m contract, or Simon Cowell pockets another god knows amount from a bunch of talentless manufactured mime artists.
    Ichiban and AccordCU2 like this.