Body, Paint & Styling EP3 Steering Wheel - Red Logo ?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by RogerH69, Wednesday 4th Feb, 2015.

1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I was under the impression the H on the EP3 steering wheel was red ?

Just saw this Ebay item and thought it was darn cheap. Does that look that a stock EP3 steering wheel ?

I guess I could always replace the logo with a red one ?

Also, would my control for audio (on left side of steering at the moment) controls and cruise control (on right side of steering at the moment) ?

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Unless I'm mistaken, the black emblem EP3 steering wheel with the red stitching is the JDM version (as in sold in Japan, they were all made in the UK). I honestly think it looks way better than the standard reds, I'd personally use it as is.

I'm pretty sure you'd lose your stalk controls, you cannot retrofit them easily to the best of my knowledge.

3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Ah I see. Ebay ad does say JDM....

From what I can see on my car, the stalk controls are connected with 2 screws to the steering wheel, so I was led to believe by someone else that they would fit on the EP3 steering wheel, which will have the corresponding holes for the screws.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry, it seems I was misled....

I just checked some blowout parts diagrams of the EV1 vs the EP3 and the EP3 diagram for steering wheel does not mention or show the the "SWITCH ASSY., RADIO REMOTE" that is listed on the EV1. Darn. Guess I'm not getting an EP3 steering wheel then :-(

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    There's nothing to say you can't do a bit of fabrication work and make it a first!

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Post the parts diagrams up @RogerH69 lets see what the issue is.

6. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

@SpeedyGee , see diagrams below. On the EV1 diasgram, parts 2 and 15 are the controls for audio controls and cruise control (respectively). These do not feature on the diagram for the EP3. I therefore assume the EP3 steering wheel won't have the necessary holes for the controls to be attached to (using bracket indicated by part 6 in EV1 diagram).

EV1 Steering Wheel Blowout Diagram -
    EV1.

EP3 Steering Wheel Blowout Diagram -
    Type-R.PNG