Service & Maintenance Error Codes

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Meenx, Thursday 18th Aug, 2016.

1. Meenx Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Leeds
    Hello good people, I am new to the world of car DIY and will love to learn as much as I can and do as much as I can get away with. I will love some help on the error codes that were picked up on my last scan. Has anyone any experience with the errors and managed to fix them?

Thanks

f66641c6881a36b84b5661821a77d154. 330df89d6c9e09aec1b84f07ab057138.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Delete them and see which ones return. Some, if not all, will be inactive ones stored since a transient issue was raised.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Your scan tool appears to be correctly explaining the generic codes, but here's an explanation for the Honda-specific power train ones...
    OBD II Fault Codes p1401
    OBD II Fault Codes p1236

I can't explain the C1555 code, but perhaps a search on this forum or Google will find something? Are you aware of something not working?

3. Meenx Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Leeds
    Hi @Zebster, everything feels fine, not aware of any issues. I will delete them as you suggested. I have done a bit of reading around the codes and I suspect the EGR might need a bit of cleaning.

If I have to clean the EGR, is it easy to remove and manually clean or can I use the EGR cleaner fluids in the market? Obviously I will only consider this if the codes return after I delete them.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

4. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    It's easy to remove the EGR valve for cleaning and, in my opinion, it's the only way to properly do this job. The forum had a guide for doing this, so have a search. Make sure you get the guide for the facelift diesel model, as it's a completely different type of valve to the pre-facelift models.

If you keep getting the P1401 DTC then the EGR valve or pipework may be blocked and could benefit from a good clean but, in general, cleaning the EGR system is a counter-productive waste of time... The important thing is to simply ensure that the valve fully closes without hesitation (you'll need to apply a bit of suction to check this).

Meenx likes this.