Body, Paint & Styling ES GT Towbar Question

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by ir0n_jaw, Friday 18th Oct, 2013.

1. ir0n_jaw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mars
    I have checked the forum, but I wondered if anyone knew of someone in the Kent area who might be able to supply and fit a detachable tow bar (with 7 pin electrics) to my 2008 Accord ES GT Saloon? I'm not a tight arse, but seeing as the bike I wish to transport was only £350, I don't want to spend more than I have to.

Thanks in advance!

2. ir0n_jaw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mars
    Just an update on this, in case anybody comes looking. After a LOT of research, I've gone for a Westfalia towbar with single electrics: Westfalia Towbars & Wiring Kits - Setup Listing.

Found a company in Kent (Car Extras) that will come to my house, supply and fit for £360 inc VAT. The best thing is, it's almost completely invisible when not in use - exactly what I wanted and perfect for my Thule bike carrier. Hope this helps somebody else.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Please upload some pictures and thanks for the link.

4. ir0n_jaw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mars
    More than happy to once its fitted.

Last edited: Monday 27th Jan, 2014
  5. ir0n_jaw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mars
    So it was fitted this morning after a mix up in the delivery of the tow bar. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but I was told it would be pretty much invisible when not in use, which it isn't. However, it looks pretty neat so can't complain I guess. I had them fit parking sensors at the same time which they did for £100+VAT.

Last edited: Monday 27th Jan, 2014
  6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You need to edit your post and click on advanced then re insert your pics so we can see them.

7. ir0n_jaw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mars
    Whoops, pics sorted now. Good old Imageshack :Smile: