Off-Topic Essential kit on Beemers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunkylover53, Tuesday 8th Sep, 2015.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We've all seen BMW's broken down but this is the first instance (I've seen) where the driver has actually used their little triangle to warn others. Invaluable kit for the "Ultimate driving machine". Also note the indicator usage, again something seldom seen.

essential beemer kit.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    But they don't breakdown, maybe they making a phone call...........to the AA:jock:

exec and Chunkylover53 like this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Must be someone who hasn't been on a BMW driver initiative program yet :Tongue:

exec and Chunkylover53 like this.
  4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I believe he was calling the BMW Assistance helpline as the car was less than 3 years old. Unfortunately they are constantly engaged.

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    :Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The triangle is in a bit of stupid place isnt it? I thought they should be a bit far out behind to warn other motorists in advance. :Wassat:

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Agreed, just come off the A3 at 50 too but fortunately the car in front was driving a lot slower.

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It happened because they didn't put BMW genuine air in the tyres - a bargain at £150 a millilitre :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    I saw similar with a broken down Porsche on Saturday. On a rural road, after a sweeping bend which was the last bend on a twisty down hill section. Yes he did put the warning triangle out.... 10 m before the car so you would see the triangle at the last minute but you would've seen the car first anyway.

What goes through their minds?