Off-Topic European drivers increasingly negligent about the maintenance of their tyres

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Monday 29th Apr, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been on top of mine at the minute due to the vibration problems I had. I did find that each garage gave different readings on pressures though. I've set mine to 34psi all round as its in between the two options on the door sill. I might dig out that air pump that was in the boot. It was made by Continental so well see how accurate it is.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I've got a small digital gauge (size of a lighter) which I use fairly often but not often enough to be honest. I always overinflate with the air machine and then deflate to the right pressure using the small handheld unit. I mind my old man saying it's good practice to check your pressures every time you fill the tank up. Suppose it makes sense as it's all relevant to mileage etc.

4. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good heads up. I usually check the tyre once every fortnight and also the all fluids if the weather permit and I remember.

Last edited: Monday 29th Apr, 2013
  5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now I've got a garage I've set my compressor up by the door and try to check my pressures every week.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bump do your weekly checks your tyres will last longer and hey you diesel owners can brag a bit more with better MPG ! LOL