Introductions Evenin' all from Derby...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Badger, Thursday 25th Apr, 2013.

1. Badger Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Derby
    Hi all...:Hey:

Although I joined the site just shy of a year ago (thanks to an intro by Paul), I've been a virtual voyeur lurking in the sidelines, surfing the site and gleaning the info that others have shared. So I thought it time to rear my ugly head, say hi and start throwing a few posts in to the mix!

Currently drive a Grey '05 CDTi with the Tan leather/ yukky plastic wood interior and Pentas - great combo (or so I think!). Previous fleet includes an '89 CR-X (Still got), '92 Legend Coupe (Still got), and a tired old B reg Accord which got me around Scandinavia without letting me down... :Grin:

I've little Accord knowledge to share, as 'touch wood' my car's been pretty good to me. However I am keen to add opinions, ask lots of questions and maybe one day post a DIY guide.... has anyone done one for a cam chain replacement? :Wassat:

Sadly, like others, I have my own tales of woe. Currently I'm suffering with the rattly cam chain of death. :Sobbing: Properly missed the boat on getting that done under the extended warranty. I do have questions about this dilemma but I'll stick to the rules and post them in the correct forum...

Thanks to all the moderators and contributors for a superb website.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Badger and thanks for the kind words. As for a timing chain DIY no one has attempted or documented it on here till now.

But hope they do we can provide the workshop guide :Wink:
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hello and welcome to AOC
    Sorry to hear of your woes,hope you get it sorted.
  4. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello and welcome.

My own chain needs changing soon and all goin well i will get to do it next month.
    They don't look so bad to do but time will tell :Blink: .
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Badger, welcome to AOC. Good to have you come out of lurker mode :Smile:

I think the reason no one has done a DIY on a diesel chain is that it's actually a little tricky. My understanding is that you need to pull the diesel injectors out and this needs a special tool. The injectors can break up leaving part of the injector stuck in the head, which is not a good situation to be in.

That's my understanding, someone else my be abel to confirm or ridicule that theory.
  6. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Removing injectors is the part im not looking forward to .!!!!