Media Event Report - Tatton Park Classic Car Show (19th August 2012)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by Pottermus, Monday 20th Aug, 2012.

1. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Me and CJ were out and about representing Accord Owners Club this weekend at Tatton Park Classic Car Spectacular in Cheshire.

Events such as this one run by Cheshire Auto Promotions are notoriously hard to get in to for new individuals or clubs such as us, so I was delighted when our show passes came through the letterbox just a couple of weeks ago. Believe me, you can't just turn up in the morning, you have to fill out an application form with vehicle specifics and include photographs before they allow your car within the show ground!

So, the sun was shining (in the morning anyway) and we got our polishing cloths out once we had been shown to our display area. With over 2300 classic, performance and vintage cars on display we had to put a little bit of effort in. So there we were, mixing it up with some of the country’s finest examples from some of the most prestigious marques. Bentley, Ferrari, Aston Martin........and err Hondas were ready for the public’s enjoyment.

tatton174.

tatton167.

tatton168.

tatton170.

tatton157.

There we have it. Even after a bit of rain in the afternoon, a great day out for us.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks Gaz, didn't want to upload my pictures before yours.

It was a great day hanging around the Cheshire Capri Club stand , some awesome Tickfords thanks for the Ford hospitality. Next time anyone from at classic car show and see CCC pop into their stand out. It all professional and they have great banners and proper show standard set up with cafeteria and great bunch of lads. They got fridges freezers the whole nine yards all running from a Honda generator :Smile: .

At the show we just saw three Honda's which was nice to retain its niche and exclusivity , but people were surprised to see two first gen Accords car in great condition had a lot of interest in both cars and a lot of praises. I was approached at the end with a cash deal ,which I declined. My car is our clubs flagship car and it can't be traded for cash, the day I fall into some money it will be restored further to concurs condition.

Gaz's car is up for sale soon so anyone wants a clean car for further improvement or go back into time and relate to their childhood or bonds with their parents... then that's your car.

photo(4).

photo(5).

photo(6).

For me Saturday was a really long day , Zoran came in the morning for a service on his Accord, from the minute let left at 17:30 till 01:00 I was detailing the first gen and it was truly ready for the show. I have not shown all pictures purposely so the cars exclusivity is only known to people who have seen it.

There a few more pictures on your twitter and facebook accounts too.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice pics. Please tell me that's not an Austin next to your car CJ. (can't see it properly on the phone).

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The few of my favourites cars were there I fell in love with this Datsun FairladyZ , it was absolutely stunning and in AMAZING condition. A superb day with only the best of the best there I hope one day we can get a Accord Club or even a Honda stand going, wishfully thinking.

photo(7). photo(8). photo(9). photo(10). photo(11). photo(12). photo(13). photo(14). photo(15). photo(16).

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Naah mate that's the Lancia Beta from the 80's

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thought they all rusted away. The downfall of Lancia.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is was all orginal running a bit rough bit surprisingly the body was all there with little or no rust.I reckon the car has spent its years in a carcoon.

Like Gaz has said the standard of the car and the pre vetting of them is so stringent there were very few tatty and beat up rust buckets. My car looked like shed in the thousands of the car show spec cars.

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Look like you two had a great day.I told you your car was going to be star of the show.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Yeah it was a great show , i don't think my car was the star it was far from it. I think the novelty factor was no one knew this car existed and for the few who knew were surprised to see it in the flesh.

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Still it attracted people and you got offer for it.
    Great little car and sound it makes is amazing.