Electrical & Lights EX accord with reverse camera but no parking sensors?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by ballisma, Wednesday 16th Apr, 2014.

1. ballisma Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ballisma
    Hi all,
    I'm expecting my 58 plate EX 2.2 Accord in a couple of days now, I haven't seen the car in flesh yet, the description says it is fitted with santnav and reverse camera but no mention of reverse parking sensors? Is this normal?

2. lefty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi ballisma,
    I have the EX 58 plate gen 8 model, but in petrol (nearly the same spec) and it has front and rear sensors as well as reverse camera, so your new car should have them as well!
    Lefty.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Same here.I have EX 58 reg model with front and rear parking sensors so your car should have them.

4. ballisma Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ballisma
    Thanks guys
    That's reassuring
    I'll find out tomorrow when I pick it up
    Any tips on what to look out for when buying a 2nd hand accord?

5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd call up the nearest honda garage with the registration and ask if they've done any forced regens on the DPF lately. If they have done a few it may be need a new one.

6. ballisma Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ballisma
    Mmmm interesting
    How often is a regen/ DPF replacement meant to be done?

7. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Theres been a few members that had DPF problems. They had several regens and had a new DPF. There has been an ECU update since so may be thats fixed it. Either way, Honda may be able to till you if theres been any issues.

Check the cars had regular oil changes. 0w30 is the that should have been used.

Check speakers havnt blown. Its common. don't take the volume above 12 when testing and pan fade them, list to something with a good bass line.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. ballisma Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ballisma
    Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    d-oh yes I recall that :telloff: thread. Glad you loving it .