General ex models all come with sunroof or not

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by honda888, Friday 23rd May, 2014.

1. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

1. Hi just viewed a 2008 ex model but no sunroof does some come without? And electric folding mirrors come standard?

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes, EX models all have a sunroof and yes, electric folding mirrors too (manually operated by button on door, not automatic).

Could well be that the 2008 model you saw is one of the first 8th Generation Accords that since had a product revision.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

All the brochures I've got show Ex is the only model to have a sunroof.
    There is an Ex GT listed for 2008. This model did not have a sunroof.

Since the sunroof is factory fitted as standard on the Ex, the obvious conclusion is that the car you saw was not an Ex.

I would say it was an Ex GT.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  4. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It has full leather sat nav no es body kit on the car

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Something not right there.
    Ex has sunroof full leathers and sat nav as standard. the optional Image Pack included skirts.
    Ex GT no sunroof, sports seats (half leather), sat nav and GT aero kit - front spoiler, side skirts, rear diffuser.

I've seen a few cars listed as EX when they are Ex GT.

Very confusing, as sunroof is standard on EX. Not known it to be something you could exclude.
    Similarly, full leather was not an option on Ex GT ?

A main dealer can tell you from the reg or VIN, what was standard on the car when it was built.

Could the leathers have been swapped from another car ?

Ideally, post up some pictures so we can have a look.

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Pre facelift 2.0EX did not come with sunroof and was not an option.

2.2iDTEC and 2.4EX did unless it was 2.2 EX GT

I could never clarify definitely if facelift 2.0EX comes with sunroof. Brochure suggests yes , dealer suggests no.

Nels likes this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Electric folding mirrors standard on EX

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No probs JD. Just for additional info purposes EX GTs came with part leather and drilled sports pedals also (optional? ) HID lights if I recall correctly

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thanks @John Dickson. Duly noted.
    Forgotten about the pedals as on obvious differential.
    HID's are listed as standard on GT's... but then, a sunroof was listed as standard on Ex :Unknown:

12. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just phoned up honda dealer they said some early accord ex didnt come with sunroof ... its on autotrader grey colour at 31000 miles priced at 8950 can someone see if it is right full honda service history hpi clear cheers

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Certainly looks like an EX, right leather, right navigation...think I can see the heated seat button just by the gear lever.

So, as noted above, a 2.0EX which didn't come with a sunroof at the time. Weird that they would exclude it just from the 2.0 petrol at that trim level :Unknown:

15. lefty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The sunroof was only fitted to the EX diesel and EX 2.4 petrol, you could not even order a sunroof as an option! but they did put a sunroof on the 2.0 petrol I think in 2010/11 but then it was removed. It is advertised on all new Accords now? With regards to the Accord in autotrader, they are non genuine EX alloys - something to bear in mind with regards to letting your insurance company know?

16. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes thats the one so looks like theres nothing fishy goin on im gona go and see the car and most likely purchase it..all service up to date

17. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I took it down to 8 grand pointing out no sun roof and tax needs renewing soon

Nels likes this.
  18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Worth checking 2 keys and sat nav disc still there.
    Expensive to replace

19. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Theres two keys will check sat nav disc thanks

20. honda888 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just bought this car i love it won't be selling ... lol only question how do i turn the nav off lol

John Dickson likes this.