General Exclusive Accord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveT, Sunday 8th Jul, 2012.

1. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Hi all, i spent an enjoyable Saturday morning at Holdcroft Honda having brake pads fitted, whilst there i got chatting to Trish the new car sales manager and Alex from used car sales.As i have had no luck seaching for a 2011 plus used 2.4 Accord they gave the computors a bashing but could not find anything suitable, so i was given a price on a new one and a trade in price on the 7th Generation. shock one:Aghast: only one available in the country, shock two:Aghast: 16 to 20 weeks to get one from Japan [ now how you felt CJ ].

Nothing was to much trouble for the Holdcroft sales team, and i have now decided to go for a new one just need to pick a colour.On the way home i counted 3 series BMW,s and ran out of fingers after 100 yards, if you want to be exclusive Mr BMW / Audi man buy an Accord:Wink:.

Steve

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Steve
    I spent Saturday morning at Holdcroft as well getting service and some other bits and bobs done.
    Was that 2.4 7th Generation yours in car park in the back?

3. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Hi Zoran it was round the back yes , its Blueish silver 2.4 was it you on your phone outside as we left, think you had a white top on?

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes that was me, i had my AOC white top on.
    Your 7th Generation looks very nice,love the wheels as well.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one Steve you will LOVE the car food to see another 2.4 owner soon . As for getting a 2.4 in the second hand market well tbh are as rare as rocking horse poo. You want the facelift car it's awesome.

6. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Oh man wish my eyes were better i would have seen the AOC top, i asked you if the black 2.2 out front was yours, you won't believe this, the only new 2.4 in the uk is Cobalt Blue and i wouldn't commit to buy it because me and the wife have never seen one in the flesh that colour, and yours was next door i can't believe it:Aghast: hope your service went ok:Thumbup:

7. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Yeah CJ I've been looking for 12 months so new it is. don't think i will stand the wait tho, and i will only be getting the standard car no extra bells and whistles for me , just can't decide on the colour yet.

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh man
    Wish i knew i would gladly showed you the car and offered a test drive.
    Service went ok,all done and ready for holidays.

9. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Zoran mate, the sales man took me out the back to show me a Cobolt blue Tourer but it hade been delivered to its new owner the day before, if only he knew, I've seen the pics of your motor and it looks amazing with the body kit on.

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Steve,i love my Cobalt Blue.I think it looks good on Accord.
    Congrats on new car and hope you don't have to wait too long.

11. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    cheers Zoran hope to bump into you again.going to get my hols out the way and the get that order form filled in.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What colours have you had in the past I always buy the colour I have never had . I have had nearly all apart from all shades of yellow and red .

Red is cool but all reds are known to fade .Silver well common as a house flies.

Whites are for all the drug dealers and posers.

13. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oi CJ! My cars Silver and I'd love a white car....

Malibu likes this.
  14. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Me too,when the time come for a change i will look for a white tourer.

15. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We can be dealers together Zoran :Grin:

16. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    I've had White, Black, [ same car resprayed] medium Blue. Dark Green, Gold, light green, Red, light Blue, always wanted Silver, but wife and me like Black for the Accord But back injury might restrict cleaning every other day with Black, so silver seems to be edging it at the moment

17. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Go for the dark grey. It wasn't on your list.

18. SteveT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Steve West Midlands
    Looked at that Paul, its so close to Black, the Graphite Luster is very dark the wife said might as well have Black, can't win:Whistle:she just loves black.

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Black for the win. Just to arm twist will upload some pictures soon with five layers carnauba wax.

20. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Great news Steve.

CJ's experience is that it's a massive step up from the 7th so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

No point waiting forever for a second hand one that may or may not have been thrashed.