Daily Driver Exec's CG9 Accord

6th Generation (1997-2002) vehicle added by exec, Thursday 17th Jul, 2014

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Chunkylover53 and Ichiban like this.
  2. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Just really a note to myself:

Oil changed from Castrol Magnatec 10/40 Semi Synthetic to Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 Fully Synthetic.
    Oil Filter changed from OEM Blue Honda by Purflux to HAMP Shortie made by Spoon ( i think).

Changed at 85699
    - - - Updated - - -
    List of jobs left:

=====================
    Servicing
    =====================
    1) Spark Plugs
    2) Valve Clearance
    3) PSF Change

====================
    Maintenance
    ====================
    1) Aircon system clean
    2) Replace driver side door seal (as ripped and letting moisture in)
    3) Swap rear light cluster (as very small surface crack on divers side)
    4) Aircon regas (Not as cold as before)
    5) Engine bay clean (getting dirty)
    6) Brake service (slider pins need to be cleaned off red rubber grease and put with silicone)
    7) Clutch fluid change (very black and clutch can be a dodgy at time)
    8) VTEC solenoid clean (not really needed but will replace seals anyhoo)
    9) EGR plate clean
    10) EGR Valve Clean
    11) Clutch slave fork grease up (as squeaking)
    12) Clean and re-grease bonnet latch (as looking dirty)
    13) Repair o2 sensor issue as EML on

====================
    Body Work
    ====================
    1) Wheel Refurb - light bronze or dark matte bronze
    2) Bumper Respray
    3) Side Skirt Colour code
    4) Door theft repair
    5) Proper clean, polish & wax car
    6) headlight refurb
    7) Tint fog light cover installation
    8) Tint rear lights slightly 15% smoke
    9)
    10) Tint rear windows (probably won't as not fan of tint look)
    11) Retrofit Denso hybrids
    12) Caliper paint (abit chavvy and pointless so probably won't)
    13) Polish rear window sticker (remove residue)
    14) wind deflector installation
    15) rear wing scuff repair
    ====================
    Interior
    ====================
    1) Vinyl all trims
    2) Clean interior and treat leather
    3) Repair wheel and seat scuffs
    4) Fix custom stereo design
    5) Proper cleanout
    6) Tidy up the boot ( as full of junk and looking like a pigsty!)
    ====================
    Performance
    ====================
    1) Find fault with exhaust and cat or fit new one
    2) Hunter machine alignment
    3) Look into fitting Stiffer rear ARB from ATR for less understeer
    4) Inspect tyres and possible replace with hankook evo's

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    She'll keep you busy and entertained for a while by looks at that lists @exec :Smile:

exec likes this.
  4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Lol yeh, feels like a chore but hopefully will get my sleeves greased up and get as much done in the next few weeks, main jobs are the servicing ones and some of the maintenance jobs.

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    ====================
    Body Work
    ====================
    9) Fix loose engine undertray (after it got smashed because of a stupid 90 degree hump at screwfix carpark!)

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    New job:

====================
    Maintenance
    ====================
    14) Replace as many standard exterior light bulbs with led bulbs

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    PSF Fluid changed, will need to be redone in 2 years time with a proper flush.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What method did you use ? :Smile:

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I used the gradual process. I might just buy another bottle and give it another go over as it turned from black coke colour to golden syrup with one and a half bottle so another bottle might have turned it near to the lighter fresh apply juice colour, which would have indicated that most of the old fluid had been flushed or diluted out.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Well had a rather productive day today. Spent whole of the day cleaning up the mess the bodyshop left, that white dust from filler was everywhere, every nook and cranny it found it got in, i cleaned and semi-detailed as much as I could and gave the interior a good old clean, the dash, glass and leather and tomorrow will balm the leather up.

Whilst cleaning came across lots of overspray from the bodywork job, so not good and have bit more work to do now to get rid of them.

Also tried those air con cleaner, bought one called viro one shot plus from ECP, which was pretty useless didn't really do anything! It also leaves a load of moisture water build up so anyone trying these be careful that it doesnt shoot up moisture onto electrical bits. Whilst I had the dash apart I decided to check my pollen filter and it was filthy, despite the fact that it was changed 2 years ago and done less than 4k miles and barely use the air con system, so I just popped over to ECP and bought a cheap crosland filter. I also bought some nice lily oil scent few weeks back and dabbed the filter with it, which works a treat as you get a nice scent coming through the vents!

I also took the opportunity to take the passenger fake wood panel off and wrapped in brush alu vinyl, then when I put everything back, there was two screws left :Ermm: hate when that happens, i have no idea where they go back so I just left it :Laughing: its a Honda so it can live without a few screws!

Also whilst cleaning mu headlamps I noticed a few very small stone chips on the bonnet have surface rust on them. :Frown:

Got a few other jobs planned for tomorrow and I have the next 2 weeks off from work so hopefully will grind through as many jobs as on that list as possible. :stretcher:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    :Need Pics:

Didn't get time to write in more detail so will do that later, so heres a full shot of the car.

P1010866aa.JPG

and the vinyl trimmed, looking at the picture looks like it folded at the edge when it was put on, hadd too much excess, which is anooying:facepalm: but you can't see it in the flesh so will leave it as is.

P1010930.JPG

got the door panels left to do and will need to retrim the gearstick area.

legend-ary likes this.
  12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    So finally got round to fitting the fog light covers I bought from @wanner69 , took the old vinyl tints off. I'm liking the fog light covers, looks a lot cleaner, the vinyl tint were coming to the end of their 2 year life as they started creasing a bit and the top film were coming off.

One thing that could be improved on the covers is if they were slightly bigger to cover the entire fog lights for protection.

32323232. 34234234234.

legend-ary and DeviateDefiant like this.
  13. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Hi buddy just seen the pics of the covers, strange that the covers are a bit smaller on your fogs as i made them exact size of a glass fog unit i have. maybe the actual lights are different in size somehow?

14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Not sure, I think you have yours off the ATR? Maybe they are slightly smaller although probably unlikely, it does cover it generally, just not all the way across the edge on one or two sides, like on the pic above on the right side the fog light can be seen exposed.

15. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    yes i looked at your pic, slightly short like you say, take a peek at page one at the pics there, they are bang on, very strange

16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Finally got round to changing the clock bulb on my climate unit after like 2 years of driving with a busted bulb and not be able to tell the time in the dark. What put me off taking the dash panel off is that there is a screw behind one of the switches which needs to come out and in my attempts to take it off the switch I nearly scratched the switch units, then they wouldn't come out further because of the cables.

Anyway the other day I randomly came across a page on the ESM which had a gem of a guide. It mentioned taking the lower dash panel off then you have complete access to the switches to push them out from behind, so I tried that and it was an absolute breeze. You just have to undo one nut which 0.8mm behind the coin tray using a long thin screw, then gently pull on the unit from one side to release from the clips, then you just put your hand behind the switches and feel where the release tabs are, press down and push out then undo the cables.

Here's some pics

Take the drivers side fuse panel off, then undo the rear fog light switch cable:

WP_20150830_003. WP_20150830_002.

Then pull the coin tray down, then behind it on the right side is a small 0.8mm nut, undo this and take nut off

WP_20150830_007. WP_20150830_008.

Then from the right side gently tug and pull the panel off clip by clip, there are six clips altogether, work your way round, don't pull or put too much pressure, i find using two hands is better than one to distribute force for evenly.

WP_20150830_011.

Then you can start taking the foglight, cruise and headlight level switches out, press on the tabs and push out, space is a bit tight, so you will have to squeeze in, big hands might struggle, fortunately mine arent too big and slim so wasnt a big problem, but watch out for some sharpish bits in there.

WP_20150830_018.

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of rest of the work, only thing to report is I had to take the climate unit out and take the yellow bit off to change the bulb, and two of the bulbs I ordered were for the wrong sockets, fortunately one of them was the correct size! Also after putting it all back together there was one screw left, typical...:crazyeyes:... i think it was from the stereo and climate unit, plus i can't find my dash panel screws that go on top of the speedo, its somewhere in the car...
    - - - Updated - - -
    Debadged the car yesterday two using the dental floss method then getting the sticky stuff off using IPA fluid and microfibre cloth. Looks so much better without the badges, clean, now i'm getting the urge to color code the chrome panel and I think I will buy some new plates as the old ones look grubby now.
    WP_20150830_021a.

Nels likes this.
  17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's always easier when you know how. :Wink:
    Good job done and the 'know-how' shared, :likeit:

exec likes this.
  18. demian New Member Getting Started

So what kind of bulbs did fit? Are they main delaer stuff only or can they be had as eBay bargains?

I'm only missing some of the symbols on the switches.

19. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The ones I bought were from main dealer, all three had different part number, I can't remember why I ordered them like that it was 2 years ago, but basically two of them end with part number 941 and they were the smaller bulbs that light up the the bottom switch lights and the bigger bulb ends with 942 and lights up the LCD panel.

I believe you can buy them from ebay, I think they are t3 bulbs but can't say for sure, only issue is they don't come with the orange caps to illuminate the lights. You might be able to take them off the original ones and put them on.

I think it would be trial and error fitting the ebay ones. I personally just stick with OEM ones, they are like £2, which is a lot for a single small bulb, but they last hell of a long time, 15+ years, ebay cheapies from China will last few years probably.

20. demian New Member Getting Started

Hi there,

it seems that the bulbs for the fan, the rear window demister and the "OFF" symbols are busted in mine, but what about the temperature control knob? Is it supposed to be illuminated in some way? Thanks

dash%20lights.